Occupation 101: ‘Voice of the Silenced Majority’ Screening
18 January, 2018 – 6.30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
The Glasgow University Palestine Society presents a film screening of “Occupation 101: Voice of the Silenced Majority” – a 2006 documentary film on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict directed by Sufyan Omeish and Abdallah Omeish.
The film focuses on the effects of the Israeli military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, and discusses events from the rise of Zionism to the Second Intifada and Israel’s unilateral disengagement plan, presenting its perspective through dozens of interviews, questioning the nature of Israeli-American relations — in particular, the Israeli military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza, and the ethics of US monetary involvement.
Occupation 101 includes interviews with mostly American and Israeli scholars, religious leaders, humanitarian workers, and NGO representatives – more than half of whom are Jewish – who are critical of the injustices and human rights abuses stemming from Israeli policy in the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Gaza.
Running Time: 90minutes (1hr 30mins).
FREE entry and refreshments provided.
Boyd Orr Building, University of Glasgow, University Avenue, G12 8NN
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Sundance Film Festival Tour London 2021
- GFT: As Tears Go By
- GFT: Nowhere Special
- GFT: The Surrogate
- GFT: Sisters with Transistors
- GFT: Girlfriends
- GFT: Riders of Justice
- GFT: Night of the Kings
- Arlington @150 – Arlington Baths Club Celebrating 150 Years
- Knightswood Living Rent Summer Social
- Glasgow – Open Air Bed Cinema Online
- Piping Live! – Glasgow, August, 2021
- Fun Day – Doon the Watter at Glasgow Green
- Shoot Your Shot PRIDE
- West End in the West End at Websters
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Websters Youth Theatre Summer School
- Merchant City Festival 2021