No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT
29 January, 2020
Noor, a British-Kashmiri teenager, retraces her roots in search of her missing father. She is joined by Majid, a smitten local boy. Unwittingly, they become involved in a 70-year-old Kashmir conflict in one of the deadliest parts of the world.
When the pair stumble upon a dark secret and are set upon by an army patrol, Noor’s British nationality ensures her release but Majid is detained for questioning.
A story about forgiveness and hope, set against the spectacular backdrop of Kashmir, this epic tragedy unravels through the playful eyes of love-struck teenagers who, in their search, uncover the hidden secrets of the lost fathers of Kashmir.
This screening is in association with Alipur Films and UK Asian Film Festival.
Followed by a Q&A with director Ashvin Kumar.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- A Night of Grief and Misery, Cottiers
- Alice In The Cities – GFT
- I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
- Nitram at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tigers at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2. Paddington at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Ithaka plus Q & A with John Shipton, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Purple Rain, late night at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Princess, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Luzzu at GFT
- Reel Roots: Windrush at GFT
- Take 2: 101 Dalmatians
- Dr Who and The Daleks & Daleks’ Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. GFT
- Fayi Dayi at GFT
- Moon, 66 Questions at GFT
- Visible Cinema: Encounters Pride Shorts
- Say Anything at GFT
- Elvis at GFT
- Folk Film Gathering 2022
- GFT: Everything Everywhere All At Once