No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT
29 January, 2020
Noor, a British-Kashmiri teenager, retraces her roots in search of her missing father. She is joined by Majid, a smitten local boy. Unwittingly, they become involved in a 70-year-old Kashmir conflict in one of the deadliest parts of the world.
When the pair stumble upon a dark secret and are set upon by an army patrol, Noor’s British nationality ensures her release but Majid is detained for questioning.
A story about forgiveness and hope, set against the spectacular backdrop of Kashmir, this epic tragedy unravels through the playful eyes of love-struck teenagers who, in their search, uncover the hidden secrets of the lost fathers of Kashmir.
This screening is in association with Alipur Films and UK Asian Film Festival.
Followed by a Q&A with director Ashvin Kumar.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Moments of Resistance by Femspectives
- Iberodocs Lisbon Beat CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress GFT
- Parasite GFT
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Love Sarah, Glasgow Film Festival
- The Public, GFT
- Little Joe, GFT
- Greed GFT
- Lost Transmissions, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Whistlers, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Secret Location: Final Destination
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco