Night at the Museum, Comics Scotland.
Saturday 1 December, 2018 –7 p.m. – 10p.m.
Admission free – Book online
Comics Scotland is an exploration of Scotland’s illustrious history in the development of comics.
This unique free event at the Hunterian Museum celebrates ‘St. Andrew’s Fair Saturday 2018’. With stalls, guest speakers and a cosplay competition, there is something for everyone!
The event will contribute to the global ‘Fair Saturday’ movement and the celebration of St. Andrew’s day to boost social inclusion, fairness and sharing inspired by Scotland’s National Day. Donations on the night will go towards supporting development of a widening participation outreach project with young people from disadvantaged areas across the city.
Showcasing world-class research and related objects from the University of Glasgow’s collections, including the world’s first comic, this dynamic and entertaining comic-con evening will feature a wide variety of activities and panel discussions with a number of special guests.
Comic-themed costumes are highly recommended!
The event will include a comics-themed DJ and a cash bar.
Night at the Museum is supported by Scotland’s Winter Festivals.
The Hunterian Museum, Gilbert Scott Building, University of Glasgow, University Avenue, Glasgow G12 8QQ
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride