Night at the Museum, Comics Scotland.
Saturday 1 December, 2018 –7 p.m. – 10p.m.
Admission free – Book online
Comics Scotland is an exploration of Scotland’s illustrious history in the development of comics.
This unique free event at the Hunterian Museum celebrates ‘St. Andrew’s Fair Saturday 2018’. With stalls, guest speakers and a cosplay competition, there is something for everyone!
The event will contribute to the global ‘Fair Saturday’ movement and the celebration of St. Andrew’s day to boost social inclusion, fairness and sharing inspired by Scotland’s National Day. Donations on the night will go towards supporting development of a widening participation outreach project with young people from disadvantaged areas across the city.
Showcasing world-class research and related objects from the University of Glasgow’s collections, including the world’s first comic, this dynamic and entertaining comic-con evening will feature a wide variety of activities and panel discussions with a number of special guests.
Comic-themed costumes are highly recommended!
The event will include a comics-themed DJ and a cash bar.
Night at the Museum is supported by Scotland’s Winter Festivals.
The Hunterian Museum, Gilbert Scott Building, University of Glasgow, University Avenue, Glasgow G12 8QQ
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Sofa Fest – digital entertainment