Night at the Museum, Comics Scotland.
Saturday 1 December, 2018 –7 p.m. – 10p.m.
Admission free – Book online
Comics Scotland is an exploration of Scotland’s illustrious history in the development of comics.
This unique free event at the Hunterian Museum celebrates ‘St. Andrew’s Fair Saturday 2018’. With stalls, guest speakers and a cosplay competition, there is something for everyone!
The event will contribute to the global ‘Fair Saturday’ movement and the celebration of St. Andrew’s day to boost social inclusion, fairness and sharing inspired by Scotland’s National Day. Donations on the night will go towards supporting development of a widening participation outreach project with young people from disadvantaged areas across the city.
Showcasing world-class research and related objects from the University of Glasgow’s collections, including the world’s first comic, this dynamic and entertaining comic-con evening will feature a wide variety of activities and panel discussions with a number of special guests.
Comic-themed costumes are highly recommended!
The event will include a comics-themed DJ and a cash bar.
Night at the Museum is supported by Scotland’s Winter Festivals.
The Hunterian Museum, Gilbert Scott Building, University of Glasgow, University Avenue, Glasgow G12 8QQ
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT
- Lost Lives plus Q & A
- Malcolm X 35 mm GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Preview: Pink Wall with Q & A
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Glasgow Wood Recycling, October Sale
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT
- Cinemasters at GFT: Quentin Tarantino
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019