A New Byres Road: Public Consultation Design Events, August 2017
There’s a new Byres Road coming… funding of £9m has been allocated through the Glasgow City Region Deal to make Byres Road a great place to be. Work will start on the ground in late 2018. Prior to this design work will be undertaken with input from the public and essential consents put in place.
How you can get involved
During August 2017 there will be a series of design events where different options will be shared, balancing the needs relating to pedestrians, cyclists, buses and other traffic, in order to make Byres Road a better place for everyone.
This is an opportunity to help reshape Byres Road as a world-class street for businesses, residents and visitors. Everyone is welcome to come and have their say.
Local Glasgow West End Landscape Architects Benton Scott Simmons have been appointed to prepare designs, which also aim to improve connections to the University of Glasgow’s world changing campus.
Drop In Days 14 – 16 August, 2017
Drop-in design days on 14-16 August are the big focus for public consultation. Initial design options will be on display, with the Byres Road design team there to hear your thoughts. This is your opportunity to contribute to shaping the future of the street!
Monday 14 August 1pm-7pm Hillhead Library, 348 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AP
Tuesday 15 August 1pm-7pm Hillhead Library, 348 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AP
Wednesday 16 August 1pm-7pm Hillhead Library, 348 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AP
Inclusive design workshop – Monday 7 August
An Inclusive Design Workshop, specifically aimed at disabled people, elderly people and those with long term health conditions. This will be held in an accessible West End venue on Monday 7 August.
Please book in advance via Glasgow Disability Alliance by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone: 0141 556 7103.
Business Breakfast – Tuesday 15 August
Anybody who runs or works in a business on or near Byres Road is invitd to drop in to The Hill, 94 Byres Road between 8am and 10am. This will be your chance to take part in a for a chat with the Byres Road design team and help shape the proposals so that they are good for business!
To find out more about the project….
Check out the exhibitions in Hillhead Library, 348 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8APand Partick Library 305 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow G11 6AB
Facebook.com/ByresRoadCorners has lots of informative posts and debate.
Contact Byres Road Corners by emai: email@example.com or Telephone: 07900 334110.
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival 2021 review by Pat Byrne
- Andrew Painting & Jim Crumley: #Wee Nature Fest
- February Noise – Refuweegee
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- International Mother Language Day 21 February 2021
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival Online 2021
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- In Conversation with Dean Atta and gainAgain
- Breaking Boundaries: Main Reading Vahni Capildeo and Mark Waldron
- More premieres and guests announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- Greenpeace – Kelvin Way’s Low-Traffic Neighbourhood
- New Poetries VIII – Online Launches
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Book Launch: The Stone in My Pocket by Matthew Keeley
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 Truman and Tennessee
- GFT – Away