Neon Poltergeist, E.P. Launch 27 October, 2016 – New Hellfire Club
Dumbarton based poet Stephen Watt and Different Circle’s in-house producer/engineer Gareth McNicol have collaborated under the banner Neon Poltergeist to produce a macabre themed EP titled 55.862670 -4.231142 for halloween 2016.
The EP will be launched with a live event at the New Hellfire Club in Finneston on the 27th of October.
New Hellfire Club, Unit 4, The Hidden Lane, 1103 Argyle Street, G3 8ND
The title of the E.P.comes from the GPS Coordinates for Glasgow’s Necropolis.
Through Stephen’s poetry, the EP explores some of history’s darker regions. From Dragfoot, which covers John Sage, Edward Longshank’s torturer of Chillingham castle, through Edward Mordrake who fate would curse with having a second face on the back of his head, then to a poem called ‘Moors’ which deals with the Moors Murderer, Ian Brady. The poems’ dark subject matter is complemented by Gareth McNicol’s eerie and haunting melodies and atmospheric sounds. Combined they make quite compelling listening.
The EP will be released through Different Circle records, with an 8 page booklet containing the poems and the CD, along with a digital download
More about Stephen:
“Stephen Watt is the author of ‘Spit’, published by Peterborough publisher Bonacia Ltd in 2012 after beating 8,000 entrants at the Poetry Rivals slam the year before. Stephen has since won the StAnza Digital Poetry Slam, the Hughie Healy award, Tartan Treasures award, and been published in the United States of America, Germany, Mexico, and the UK. His new pamphlet collection ‘Optograms’ was published by Wild Word Press in February 2016.”
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT
- Preview: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote + Recorded Q&A GFT
- Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Film: Invading the Skin of the Earth: Soil