Neon Poltergeist, E.P. Launch 27 October, 2016 – New Hellfire Club
Dumbarton based poet Stephen Watt and Different Circle’s in-house producer/engineer Gareth McNicol have collaborated under the banner Neon Poltergeist to produce a macabre themed EP titled 55.862670 -4.231142 for halloween 2016.
The EP will be launched with a live event at the New Hellfire Club in Finneston on the 27th of October.
New Hellfire Club, Unit 4, The Hidden Lane, 1103 Argyle Street, G3 8ND
The title of the E.P.comes from the GPS Coordinates for Glasgow’s Necropolis.
Through Stephen’s poetry, the EP explores some of history’s darker regions. From Dragfoot, which covers John Sage, Edward Longshank’s torturer of Chillingham castle, through Edward Mordrake who fate would curse with having a second face on the back of his head, then to a poem called ‘Moors’ which deals with the Moors Murderer, Ian Brady. The poems’ dark subject matter is complemented by Gareth McNicol’s eerie and haunting melodies and atmospheric sounds. Combined they make quite compelling listening.
The EP will be released through Different Circle records, with an 8 page booklet containing the poems and the CD, along with a digital download
More about Stephen:
“Stephen Watt is the author of ‘Spit’, published by Peterborough publisher Bonacia Ltd in 2012 after beating 8,000 entrants at the Poetry Rivals slam the year before. Stephen has since won the StAnza Digital Poetry Slam, the Hughie Healy award, Tartan Treasures award, and been published in the United States of America, Germany, Mexico, and the UK. His new pamphlet collection ‘Optograms’ was published by Wild Word Press in February 2016.”
- Document Human Rights Film Festival 2019
- Paisley Halloween Festival 2019
- Ghost Stories from Around the World, Britannia Panopticon
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Samhain: fire and jam session Halloween, North Kelvin Meadow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT