Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
Writing The World Around Us
13 March,2018 –7 p.m.
Scottish Writers Centre, CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
“The best environmental art, then, is deconstructed from the inside. As theory it retains its fullest existence as questioning—internally fractured by a doubt […]”
This two-part workshop will have participants discussing a selection of different definitions of nature, the environment, and our surroundings, in terms of what constitutes a world. These ideas will flow into an auto-writing session during which participants will create a piece of new writing.
After a short break, we’ll be taking a closer look at editing, with close consideration of form, structure, and tone. The aim is to respond directly to ecological themes in creating a piece of writing that enacts ecological thought in both form and content.
Participants are encouraged to bring along their preferred writing utensils. Spaces for this event are limited and open to all, so if you would like to book a place please contact us at info@scottishwriterscentre
Tickets: £6/(£3), Free for SWC Members
Loll Junggeburth studies English Literature at the University of Glasgow and is founding editor of RAUM poetry magazine. Her academic and creative writing focus on space and place, ecologies, and language. Her poetry playfully weaves together histories of place, modernist texts, and linguistic correlations. Loll’s work has thus far been published in Adjacent Pineapple, Gutter, and is forthcoming in From Glasgow To Saturn.
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Payback Claire MacLeary