Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
Writing The World Around Us
13 March,2018 –7 p.m.
Scottish Writers Centre, CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
“The best environmental art, then, is deconstructed from the inside. As theory it retains its fullest existence as questioning—internally fractured by a doubt […]”
This two-part workshop will have participants discussing a selection of different definitions of nature, the environment, and our surroundings, in terms of what constitutes a world. These ideas will flow into an auto-writing session during which participants will create a piece of new writing.
After a short break, we’ll be taking a closer look at editing, with close consideration of form, structure, and tone. The aim is to respond directly to ecological themes in creating a piece of writing that enacts ecological thought in both form and content.
Participants are encouraged to bring along their preferred writing utensils. Spaces for this event are limited and open to all, so if you would like to book a place please contact us at info@scottishwriterscentre
Tickets: £6/(£3), Free for SWC Members
Loll Junggeburth studies English Literature at the University of Glasgow and is founding editor of RAUM poetry magazine. Her academic and creative writing focus on space and place, ecologies, and language. Her poetry playfully weaves together histories of place, modernist texts, and linguistic correlations. Loll’s work has thus far been published in Adjacent Pineapple, Gutter, and is forthcoming in From Glasgow To Saturn.
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass
- Burns Baby Burns Dance of the Underclass Aftershow Party
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- The Personal History of David Copperfield, GFT
- Creative Conversation: Kate Charlesworth, Illustrator and Writer
- Celtic Connections 2020: Lucy Rose review Fionnuala Boyle
- GRIT Orchestra Celtic Connections 2020 photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher