National Poetry Day at GOMA 6 October, 2016
National Poetry Day at GOMA Library Oct 6th
Federation of Writers (Scotland)
Thursday 6 October 2.30-5.30pm
Come and celebrate National Poetry Day with us at our usual venue either as audience or as reader. The theme is ‘messages’ in all senses and since a poem itself is a message there’s plenty of scope!
Three sessions: 2.30-3.15; 3.30-4.15; 4.30-5.15.
Magi Gibson reading at 3.30 p.m. Compere is Finola Scott, who will also be reading her work.
At 5.15 we round off the celebration with a reading by our current Makar Elizabeth Rimmer – a real treat.
There’ll be plenty of time to get to events at the Mirrorball and elsewhere later in the day.
Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow G1 3AH
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019