National Poetry Day at GOMA 6 October, 2016
National Poetry Day at GOMA Library Oct 6th
Federation of Writers (Scotland)
Thursday 6 October 2.30-5.30pm
Come and celebrate National Poetry Day with us at our usual venue either as audience or as reader. The theme is ‘messages’ in all senses and since a poem itself is a message there’s plenty of scope!
Three sessions: 2.30-3.15; 3.30-4.15; 4.30-5.15.
Magi Gibson reading at 3.30 p.m. Compere is Finola Scott, who will also be reading her work.
At 5.15 we round off the celebration with a reading by our current Makar Elizabeth Rimmer – a real treat.
There’ll be plenty of time to get to events at the Mirrorball and elsewhere later in the day.
Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow G1 3AH
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- The Sea of Paperwork Exhibition – Maryhill Integration Network
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses