National Poetry Competition 2016 – closing date for submissions 31 October
National Poetry Competition
The Poetry Society’s annual National Poetry Competition is for previously unpublished single poems and has a first prize of £5,000.
The competition is now open for entries!
First prize: £5000
Second prize: £2000
Third prize: £1000
Seven commendations: £200 each
Winning poems are published on The Poetry Society website, and the top three in The Poetry Review. Winners are invited to read at events and festivals all around the country, including Ledbury Poetry Festival. Up to 150 longlisted entrants will also be offered discount on selected activities from The Poetry Society, and one of our competition partners the Poetry School.
Moniza Alvi, Gerry Cambridge and Jack Underwood.
31 October 2016
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Men at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Aye Write: Graeme Thomson with John Dingwall
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Aye Write: Beyond the Swelkie
- CARLA Book Launch at tell it slant
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- All Becomes Art – Poems to Joan Eardley
- Aye Write 2022: Scotland’s future. Gerry Hassan, Joyce McMillan & Prof Tanja Bueltmann chaired by Simon Barrow
- Colonial Seeds / Seedy Social / Community Meal