Nae Pasaran – Outdoor Screening East Kilbride
21 August, 2021
Cinescapes and CinemaAttic Calderglen Country Park
Calderglen Country Park, Strathaven Road, East Kilbride G75 0QZ
About this event
A fantastic Outdoor Cinema is popping up in East Kilbride. On 21 August 2021, Cinescapes and CinemaAttic are transforming Calderglen Country Park into a pop up micro cinema, with snacks, drinks and much more!
At Calderglen Country Park in East Kilbride – get ready for one of the most talked about Scottish documentaries of the last decade.
Nae Pasaran is a 2018 documentary directed by Felipe Bustos Sierra about a group of workers at a Rolls-Royce factory in East Kilbride, Scotland, who refused to work on Chilean Air Force parts from 1974-78 due to the atrocities carried out in Chile by the Pinochet dictatorship. The feature-length film was based on an earlier 2013 short film by the same name, funded through the Scottish Documentary Institute’s Bridging the Gap programme.
Tickets are donation based and you can choose from our three options available (suggested donation of £5 per person). Buy tickets at Eventbrite.
The evening promises to be full of specially crafted cocktails and good Scottish Scran, snacks and local delicacies. (Subject to licensing)
Arrive early to get a good spot and set up your picnic. Doors open at 5.00 pm, screening starts at 7.30 pm
Strongly suggest you pre-purchase for your tickets or just for yourself some Fancy Popcorn with either:
A Jug of Beer, or
A Cocktail Pitcher,
Why? This ensures you’ve got drinks and snacks on arrival to get you in the movie mood. Of course, there will be plenty of snacks and drink to buy on the night but as this is a small market with limited space, please be prepared to wait a wee bit if you don’t pre-order.
This is cinema done in style, so grab a couple of pals book your seats and watch Nae Pasaran play out on a 16 square meter LED cinema screen.
Striving to be as accessible as possible with wheelchair access and facilities on site. All film content will be shown with closed captions for D/deaf and hard of hearing audience members. If you have any added accessibility needs or questions, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gates open at 5pm. To comply with COVID-19 government issued precautions please arrive at your ticket allocated time (which will be sent to you by email)
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Blade – 4K GFT
- Last Night in Soho GFT
- Glasgow Hallowe’en Ghost Walk
- Hallowe’en – Spooky Kelvindale Woods
- Ice Box Halloween Gig Part 1
- Icebox Halloween Movie Night
- Hallowe’en Witch Market, Britannica Panopticon
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT