Woodlands Community Climate Change Summit
Climate Change Emergency – Themed Community Programme
With the COP26 Climate Change Summit coming to Glasgow this autumn, Woodlands Community is planning on curating a Climate Emergency themed Community Programme at their Ashley Street Events Terrace and Community Meeting Room.
The Terrace and Meeting Room will be made available for individuals, groups and organisations wanting to run Climate related activities from Saturday 30th October until Sunday 14th November.
If you are interested in working with Woodlands Community during this period and have an idea for an activity or event you wish to put on, then please complete this online questionnaire by 5pm on Tuesday 7th September.
Complete your proposal – by Tuesday September 7th
Shortlisting of proposals – by September 21st
Arrangements confirmed – by early October
Programme publicised – by mid October
COP 26 Activities – 30th October to 14th November
ABOUT WOODLANDS COMMUNITY SPACES
The outdoor Events Terrace can accommodate approximately 30 people under gazebo cover, has access to outdoor power, patio heaters, tables and chairs. It has disabled access via a platform stair lift.
In normal times, the indoor Community Meeting Room can hold 12-15 people for workshops or 20 people for theatre style events. These limits are likely to be reduced due to Covid (details still being worked on). The Meeting Room is accessible and has a small kitchenette for making teas and coffees and a wheelchair accessible toilet.
The Meeting Room and Events Terrace will be available to use from 9am until 9pm, on a pay what you can afford basis. All hirers will be required to pay a small cleaning fee and comply with Covid-secure protocols.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Perfect Days
- Moments Of Beauty In Glasgow: Walking Tour
- Seeing Glasgow: An Artist’s View – Avril Patron
- Ajay Close Creative Conversations
- Maria Fusco – Creative Conversations
- Eden Communities: Walk, Run, Cycle N. Ireland and East Dunbartonshire Networking Event
- Film Screening – Memory Box (2021) plus discussion
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Red and Black Show at Websters Theatre
- The 39 Steps, Websters
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- WestFest 2024 – Glasgow West End
- FrightFest at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Celtic Connections 2024: Transatlantic Sessions
- Books at the Green with Chris Dolan
- Cinemarc: Women’s Work
- Creative Conversations: Donna McLean
- Fundraiser for Medicin Sans Frontieres
- Music Broth at The Mitchell Library
- Valentine’s Day: Lovers Rock at GFT