Muriel Barclay Solo Exhibition, The Lemond Gallery 12 – 20 March, 2016
12 – 20 March, 2016 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
The Lemond Gallery
The gallery is delighted to welcome Muriel Barclay back for a fourth solo show of around 35 paintings.
One of Scotland’s most popular artists, Barclay likes to paint the female form with an emphasis on both physical form and the various light interactions with the flesh and fabric. Barclay likes to compose around movement and interesting lines, which together with modern references, help to build the character within her studies. Her backgrounds also tend to be abstract, which heightens the focus on her subjects.
This show represents an excellent and rare opportunity to see a significant body of her recent work.
The Lemond Gallery, 4 Thorn Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 4PP
Gallery open 11 – 5 daily.
The Lemond Gallery, established in 2000, specialises in contemporary Scottish fine art and has grown to represent the leading Scottish contemporary artists.
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch