Muriel Barclay Solo Exhibition, The Lemond Gallery 12 – 20 March, 2016
12 – 20 March, 2016 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
The Lemond Gallery
The gallery is delighted to welcome Muriel Barclay back for a fourth solo show of around 35 paintings.
One of Scotland’s most popular artists, Barclay likes to paint the female form with an emphasis on both physical form and the various light interactions with the flesh and fabric. Barclay likes to compose around movement and interesting lines, which together with modern references, help to build the character within her studies. Her backgrounds also tend to be abstract, which heightens the focus on her subjects.
This show represents an excellent and rare opportunity to see a significant body of her recent work.
The Lemond Gallery, 4 Thorn Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 4PP
Gallery open 11 – 5 daily.
The Lemond Gallery, established in 2000, specialises in contemporary Scottish fine art and has grown to represent the leading Scottish contemporary artists.
- Candlelight Spoken Word Open Mic
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Wakeful Screening at CCA
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Celtic Connections 2020 Hannah Read and Andy Monaghan review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass