The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde at Glasgow Film Theatre
Sunday 27 February, 2022 at 7 p.m.
Live from Leith Theatre – A First from National Theatre of Scotland
Within the century-old walls of historic Leith Theatre, something sinister is stirring. A gothic tale of double lives and inner demons, The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde takes on its own hybrid identity in this unique retelling.
Concerned by his good friend Dr Henry Jekyll’s recent behaviour, Gabriel Utterson is driven to uncover the identity of the mysterious and dangerous Mr Hyde, to whom Jekyll is enthralled. Whilst on this search for the truth, Utterson finds himself seduced by the society of Edinburgh’s rich and powerful, but beneath the glossy façade lies a grim and brutal reality.
A first for National Theatre of Scotland, this exciting and unique theatre/cinema production will be captured live from Leith Theatre and broadcasted live into cinemas across the UK on 27 February.
GFT, 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- A Robbery at 1.46 a.m. and Bedsit – Websters Theatre
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)