Matt Andersen OranMor 14 October, 2016
Award-winning Canadian soul-blues artist Matt Andersen announces solo October UK tour, including Òran Mór, Glasgow on Friday October 14, in support of his widely acclaimed new album Honest Man – please see below for further information, audio & video links and full tour itinerary.
Praise for Honest Man
“Matt’s fine soulful voice is able to go to town…a watershed album.” Acoustic magazine
“Well-crafted songs with an emotional depth” The Blues magazine
“Previous albums have already won several awards and I think this fine effort is likely to follow that same path.” Blues Matters!
“Andersen’s voice is pure greatness and Honest Man beautifully showcases his talents as a vocalist and a songwriter.” Blues Rock Review
“His stunning voice contains obvious traces of delta blues, but also the bawdy swagger of Stax and Motown” Exclaim!
“Andersen’s gargantuan voice is deeply steeped in southern soul and gospel tradition… sparkles with common sense, complexity and erudition at almost every turn.” Elmore magazine
“Andersen’s voice is a huge soulful beast” Rock Society
About Matt Andersen
With over 5 million views on YouTube, independent sales over 30,000 albums, a 2013 European Blues Award, and winning Best Solo Performer at the Memphis Blues Challenge, the entire world is now discovering Matt Andersen. A powerhouse performer Matt has built a formidable following the old fashioned way – touring worldwide and letting converted audiences and fans spread his reputation through word of mouth. In addition to headlining festivals, clubs and theatres throughout North America, Europe and Australia, he has shared the stage and toured with Bo Diddley, Buddy Guy, Greg Allman, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Randy Bachman, Little Feat, Jonny Lang and more. He won the 2013 Euro Blues Award for Best Solo /Acoustic Act, three Maple Blues Awards in 2012, and nabbed the 2010 International Blues Challenge in Memphis. And for Weightless in 2014, he received a JUNO nomination for Roots & Traditional Album of the Year, a CIMA Road Gold award, and a Maple Blues Award for Male Vocalist of the Year.
- Mother India – Take Away Menus
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- The Writing of Janet Paisley course with Linda Jackson
- Underwood Lane by John Byrne, The Tron
- Don’t Stop Me Now, The Tron
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- G20 Festival – U Fix It Cafe and Clothes Swop
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance Fundraiser at Murrayfield
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- Country Funk Fridays – Reopening Tennent’s Bar Basement
- Moments of Resistance by Femspectives
- Iberodocs Lisbon Beat CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress GFT