Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
Sunday 20 October, 2019, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Maria Doyle Kennedy has established herself as one of Ireland’s most prolific artists and entertainers. As a musician, she is well known for her worldwide hit folk albums Mutter and Sing (feat:John Prine, Damien Rice, Paul Brady)
‘Maria Live captures the singer at her impressive best: her voice,throughout, could charm the very stars from the skies.’
A live album* Live in el Lokal*was released Nov 2018 the 10th album on her own label-Mermaid Records.
Maria writes and performs with husband Kieran Kennedy and along with the new album they have also completed 2 short films-
*A Different Kind Of Day* which has 14 international Laurels to it’s name
*Colour Code* written in memory of Sandra Bland.
Maria has recently collaborated with Feist & Jarvis Cocker on a video for the song Century.
As an actress, she is currently appearing in Outlander. Recent television roles include Orphan Black(2013–2017), Downton Abbey(2011), The Tudors(2007–2010), and Father Ted (1998).
Tickets £22.50 (including booking fee)
Call 0141 357 5825
Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow, G11 5PU
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Rivers Almond and Avon. March 2020
- New Life Gym, Maryhill, Glasgow
- The Social Isolation Film Festival curated by GFT
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- The Nae Pub Quiz Round 2 – Gigs in Scotland
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- David Craig, Scottish Writer – free book offer
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Cottiers Pub Quiz – Cancelled until further notice
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed
- Keeping Time novel by Thomas Legendre
- Much Left Unsaid by Finola Scott – poetry
- Freddy Anderson, Afternoon of Literature, Poetry and Song
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre