Mandy McIntosh Art Work
A3 drawings by Mandy McIntosh in oil pastel, marker and coloured pencil.
‘Eyeballing myself as a girl in the 80s making fashion illustrations of jumpers at Trent Poly always falling onto faces, trying to pinpoint the skull of who would wear this? These are beyond that, beyond the body, just the face.’
The drawings are executed spontaneously in the studio in reaction to each other. Currently there are 14 for sale.
‘This is completely about what I’ve always wanted to do which is make stuff and sell it and in the future there will be wearables.‘
Mandy McIntosh’s studio is in Glasgow and work for sale can be viewed there on request.
All enquiries to studio@
Mandy McIntosh is an artist from Glasgow who makes Public Art, Moving Image/Animation, Textiles, Drawing, Painting and Digital Art, often fusing multiple techniques in social context. Recent works include Hap Up Easterhouse at Platform for Glasgow International 2016. Also, The Women’s Unit in Castlemilk, a feminist freespace as the creative outcome of a year long residency at Glasgow Women’s Library with a focus on the issues of violence against women. The Women’s Unit recently showed at CCA Glasgow for TOUGH WEEKS 2016.
Other recent projects include Yird Muin Starn, a Vital Spark commission for Galloway Dark Sky park and The Thunderbird’s Ballad, an animation for Channel Four commissioned by Animate Uk.
Mandy has previously worked within the NHS as an artist engaged in the context of mental health in acute and community settings and has a focus in her work of placing empowering aesthetic principles at the heart of community and person centred making. She is also deeply invested in textile making, printing manually and digitally as well as tapestry weaving. Her unique knitting work has also appeared internationally in several books and as a former knit and print designer with KENZO she maintains an interest in fashion and surface design.
All enquiries to studio@
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Gifts, interior design, Shopping
- Kothel Crow Road – boxes of daily selected fruit and veg
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Close Up – Susan Wood Exhibition
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- Old KIlpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Bishopton
- Alasdair Gray – Omnium Gatherum
- DeepEnd Mural Govanhill Community Baths
- As I See Cuba (Como Veo Cuba) Photography Exibition
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- The Glasgow Guild – Christmas 2019
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- Christmas Tech Sale at The Dream Machine
- George Square Christmas Market 2019
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- Festive Hampers and Gifts at Eusebi