Americana Exhibition at ProjectAbility 7 – 29 October, 2016
Patrick Butterworth works in ProjectAbility’s ReConnect studios and he is a highly skilled and focused painter. Patrick has a love for old Western films, iconic characters of cowboys and gun slingers. Many of his paintings are taken from film stills, and meticulously translated onto canvas in close to picture perfect realism. It is often hard to tell from a short distance away if these pieces are paintings or photographic reproductions taken from the films they portray. He is a master with paint and brush and you can see the love he has for his subject matter in each picture he paints.
The characters speak for themselves and we can see them as both the actors they really are and the gun slingers they portray on screen. The ‘wild wild west’ in North America has a legendary status worldwide, and it is hard not to be fascinated by the stories from this period. Lawlessness and rebellion are rife in these times and this can be seen and felt in the paintings that make up Americana.
ProjectAbility is delighted to have this opportunity to exhibit these paintings as a whole body of work. They have been months and even years in the making, and will be appreciated and admired both for their skill in execution and the stories they tell.
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA