Make Do And Mend, Repair Cafe
(Visual by artist Lily Fulop and you can follow her on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/
Saturday, 15 December, 2018 . 12 pm – 3 pm
Kinning Park Complex, 43 Cornwall Street, Glasgow G41 1BA
Repair Café Glasgow is back at Kinning Park Complex and is on a mission to save your items from waste
Hosting monthly events in spaces across the city where people can get help to fix their broken things for free and share repair skills all in an effort to fight a throwaway culture.
Do you have a broken lamp that needs to be fixed? Maybe a hole in your favourite jumper? A team of volunteer repairers will be on hand to help you mend your broken handheld items such as clothes, electrical and electronic items.
This month they will be joined by Alis Le May from Decent Projects CIC and MEND sessions who will be on hand to help you with all your textile repairs! If they can’t manage to fix your items then they will direct you to somewhere that can or alternatively the best place to recycle them.
“Knowing there is an affordable community-based service to lengthen the life of many of the products I choose to buy means I can be more active in my environmental choices” – Jessica, Repair Café Glasgow participant
Repair Café Glasgow is supported by the Climate Challenge Fund and the European Regional Development Fund. The Climate Challenge Fund provides grants and support for community-led organisations to tackle climate change by running projects that reduce carbon local emissions. The European Regional Development Fund comes from the European Structural and Investment Fund which helps to facilitate major investments to support transformational change and economic and social structural reforms across Scotland.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Take One Action Film Festival 2019 CCA
- Sorry We Missed You + Q & A Paul Lavery
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2019 Announces Full Programme
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- The Farewell Opening Gala GYFF 2019
- Harvest Festival North Kelvin Meadow and The Children’s Wood
- Arlington Baths Club Glasgow Doors Open Days 2019
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Guided Tours at The Lighthouse
- Bloody Scotland 2019
- An Evening with Robin Laing