Make Do And Mend, Repair Cafe
(Visual by artist Lily Fulop and you can follow her on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/
Saturday, 15 December, 2018 . 12 pm – 3 pm
Kinning Park Complex, 43 Cornwall Street, Glasgow G41 1BA
Repair Café Glasgow is back at Kinning Park Complex and is on a mission to save your items from waste
Hosting monthly events in spaces across the city where people can get help to fix their broken things for free and share repair skills all in an effort to fight a throwaway culture.
Do you have a broken lamp that needs to be fixed? Maybe a hole in your favourite jumper? A team of volunteer repairers will be on hand to help you mend your broken handheld items such as clothes, electrical and electronic items.
This month they will be joined by Alis Le May from Decent Projects CIC and MEND sessions who will be on hand to help you with all your textile repairs! If they can’t manage to fix your items then they will direct you to somewhere that can or alternatively the best place to recycle them.
“Knowing there is an affordable community-based service to lengthen the life of many of the products I choose to buy means I can be more active in my environmental choices” – Jessica, Repair Café Glasgow participant
Repair Café Glasgow is supported by the Climate Challenge Fund and the European Regional Development Fund. The Climate Challenge Fund provides grants and support for community-led organisations to tackle climate change by running projects that reduce carbon local emissions. The European Regional Development Fund comes from the European Structural and Investment Fund which helps to facilitate major investments to support transformational change and economic and social structural reforms across Scotland.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Aye Write 2021 – Pre-Festival Event
- World Book Night with Denise Mina
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- Open The Door Festival 2021 – Scottsh Women’s Writing
- Warren Starry Skies – New Album ‘Small Wonders’
- Douglas Stuart & Jackie Kay: Shuggie Bain
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 – Guest Curators
- St Patrick’s Day Online Quiz
- St Patrick’s Day Special: The Great Irish Songbook
- Red Skirts on Clydeside #IWD2021
- Creative Conversations: Kirstin Innes
- Yer Old Faither, Glasgow Film Festival Online
- Spring Blossom Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Spring Blossom review Pat Byrne
- FrightFest – American Badger review by Danielle O’Neill Young
- FrightFest Glasgow 2021 – ‘Vicious Fun’ review Danielle O’Neill Young
- Glasgow Film Festival – Rosa’s Wedding review by Pat Byrne
- Yer Old Faither review by Pat Byrne
- Wildland Glasgow Film Festival Online review Pat Byrne