Make Do And Mend, Repair Cafe
(Visual by artist Lily Fulop and you can follow her on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/
Saturday, 15 December, 2018 . 12 pm – 3 pm
Kinning Park Complex, 43 Cornwall Street, Glasgow G41 1BA
Repair Café Glasgow is back at Kinning Park Complex and is on a mission to save your items from waste
Hosting monthly events in spaces across the city where people can get help to fix their broken things for free and share repair skills all in an effort to fight a throwaway culture.
Do you have a broken lamp that needs to be fixed? Maybe a hole in your favourite jumper? A team of volunteer repairers will be on hand to help you mend your broken handheld items such as clothes, electrical and electronic items.
This month they will be joined by Alis Le May from Decent Projects CIC and MEND sessions who will be on hand to help you with all your textile repairs! If they can’t manage to fix your items then they will direct you to somewhere that can or alternatively the best place to recycle them.
“Knowing there is an affordable community-based service to lengthen the life of many of the products I choose to buy means I can be more active in my environmental choices” – Jessica, Repair Café Glasgow participant
Repair Café Glasgow is supported by the Climate Challenge Fund and the European Regional Development Fund. The Climate Challenge Fund provides grants and support for community-led organisations to tackle climate change by running projects that reduce carbon local emissions. The European Regional Development Fund comes from the European Structural and Investment Fund which helps to facilitate major investments to support transformational change and economic and social structural reforms across Scotland.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables