Lynnie Carson with Craig Douglas, King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut Thurs 9th March
Since becoming a full time musician Lynnie Carson has been touring Scotland. Playing weddings & pub gigs has become her bread & butter. However, she is now back with a fistful of new, original songs and although they might not be as lucrative as her covers sets she is embarking on some gigs to promote the new material which will make up the bulk of her new album ‘Love, loss & everything in between’.
Lynnie and her band consisting of John McLoughlin, Craig Douglas & Eric Lindsey, are currently in rehearsals and are hoping to record the new album during the summer in Glasgow.
It sees a new musical direction for Carson who has always cited her main influences as Bob Dylan, Neil Young & Fleetwood Mac. This album will go more down the soul route with a full blown brass section.
Lynnie said –
“I set up a home studio and went about recording demos of the new songs. The studio opened up a whole world of possibilities and I ended up using brass samples on most of them. It seemed like the right thing to do, to follow this through, so I got in touch with John Milne of Big Vern N the Shootahs with some of my ideas and he has been working on arrangements and beefing up the simple ideas I had, turning them into parts for a brass quartet. My new favourite thing is receiving an email from John that has recordings of what he’s been working on.’
The gig at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut on Thurs 9th March will see some of these songs played live for the first time but in a stripped back style with just Craig on bass and Lynnie on guitar. It’s her first outing doing original material in a while so she is hoping for a good turn out in one of Glasgow’s best known small venues. If you don’t manage to catch her full set at Tuts, she and Craig are also doing a short 15 min set as part of Glasgow Music Fair on Sunday 12th March at BAaD. They will take to the stage around 2pm.
Tickets for King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut can be bought on the door on the night, but for discounted tickets, head over to Lynnie’s facebook page and drop her a line.
King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut, 272 St Vincent St, Glasgow G2 5RL
- It’s A Wonderful Life GFT
- Take 2: How the Grinch Stole Christmas, GFT
- The Bolshoi Ballet Encore: The Nutcracker GFT
- Her Smell, GFT
- The Kingmaker, GFT
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- Christmas Carousel The Platform
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks
- Christmas at Glasgow Film Theatre 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub + Backseat Bingo Dial Code: Santa Claus + Secret Santa Party
- UKJF Why the Jews? + Starboy CCA
- Southern Exposure Utu CCA