Love Words, Open Mic on the theme of Love, GoMA 11 February 2016
Love Words – Open Mic
Thursday, February 11, 2016
Royal Exchange Square, G1 3 AH
2:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Poems and Stories under the theme of Love
Love Words is an event organised by the Federation of Writers (Scotland) and which takes place in GoMA Library in Royal Exchange Square on Thursday 11th February from 2-6:30. The event is an open mic drop-in event, so no-one is expected to stay for the whole time unless they want to.
Whether you are in love, have lost love, found new love or would love to find love this is the event for you. Valentine rhymes, terse verse and postman’s entreaties all have a place alongside sonnets and villanelles.
A variety of poems and stories will be themed under the broad umbrella of Love, to include myths, folklore, contemporary and period pieces.
There will also be the chance to buy locally produced anthologies, especially the New Voices publications, as well as picking up membership forms and material explaining the aims and intents of the Federation.
The GoMA Library has an excellent Cafe which is open during the event and permission has been granted for your cafe purchases to be consumed in the performance area.
Guaranteed to be a busy session so please book your slot early. Anyone interested in participating should contact the Rona Fitzgerald
This is a public space, so readers are asked to prepare material which will suit a mixed audience.
Love Poems & Stories
- Anti Racist Group Woodlands Community
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre