Lavinia Blackwall & Stilton, Lynnie Carson & The Hawking Gimmiks
With new albums apiece come and join Lavinia Blackwall’s band Stilton as they embark on a UK tour and Lynnie Carson as she launches her new album ‘Everything Inbetween’.
Two dates, one weekend in back to back gigs
- Friday 1st May, 2020 at The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG (£10 Buy Tickets)
- Saturday 2 May, 2020 Royal West of Scotland Amateur Boat Club, The Esplanade,
Greenock PA16 7SE (£10 Buy tickets)
As well as the live performances there will be raffles, dance competitions and merry making aplenty.
Lavinia Blackwall’s three successful singles “Waiting For Tomorrow”, “Troublemakers” and “Keep Warm” have been regular features on Marc Riley at BBC 6 Music’s shows. Accompanied by her band ‘Stilton’ she has toured the UK and Europe extensively to sell out audiences and will be touring again in April to promote her forthcoming debut album ‘Muggington Lane End’ out on May 1st.
The new material is a mixture of wistful longing, joyful exuberance, wheeling psychedelia and classic song writing.
Lynnie Carson is a singer-songwriter who hails from the rain drenched port of Gourock. She cites her main influences as Joni Mitchell, First Aid Kit and Jenny Lewis. Her biggest release to date was an Arcade Fire inspired football anthem recorded with Horse McDonald for the Scotland ladies national football team who qualified for their first World Cup last summer in France.
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest