Lavinia Blackwall & Stilton, Lynnie Carson & The Hawking Gimmiks
With new albums apiece come and join Lavinia Blackwall’s band Stilton as they embark on a UK tour and Lynnie Carson as she launches her new album ‘Everything Inbetween’.
Two dates, one weekend in back to back gigs
- Friday 1st May, 2020 at The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG (£10 Buy Tickets)
- Saturday 2 May, 2020 Royal West of Scotland Amateur Boat Club, The Esplanade,
Greenock PA16 7SE (£10 Buy tickets)
As well as the live performances there will be raffles, dance competitions and merry making aplenty.
Lavinia Blackwall’s three successful singles “Waiting For Tomorrow”, “Troublemakers” and “Keep Warm” have been regular features on Marc Riley at BBC 6 Music’s shows. Accompanied by her band ‘Stilton’ she has toured the UK and Europe extensively to sell out audiences and will be touring again in April to promote her forthcoming debut album ‘Muggington Lane End’ out on May 1st.
The new material is a mixture of wistful longing, joyful exuberance, wheeling psychedelia and classic song writing.
Lynnie Carson is a singer-songwriter who hails from the rain drenched port of Gourock. She cites her main influences as Joni Mitchell, First Aid Kit and Jenny Lewis. Her biggest release to date was an Arcade Fire inspired football anthem recorded with Horse McDonald for the Scotland ladies national football team who qualified for their first World Cup last summer in France.
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Mandabi, GFT
- Ammonite, GFT
- Earwig and the Witch at GFT
- First Cow, GFT
- The Father at GFT
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery
- The Hunterian: Jimmy Robert: Tobacco Flower
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Mansfield Park Street Festival 2021
- Vinicombe Street Gala 2021
- Touring Scotland – Pop Up Opera 2021
- 100 Years of the Barras Photography Exhibition
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Contemporary Quilt Group, The Auld Kirk