Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
13 March, 2020
McKillop Institute, Main Street, Lochwinnoch PA12 4AJ
Part of Lochwinnoch Arts Festival – 6 – 29 March, 2020
Join Lochwinnoch-based novelist Kirstin Innes and musician Outi Smith for a special evening of stories and songs.
Kirstin’s new novel, Scabby Queen, traces the rise and fall of a one-hit-wonder.
In this sneak preview event she’ll be reading excerpts – a whole month before publication – accompanied by Outi’s interpretation of some of the songs that inspired the novel.
There’s also a chance to pick up a whole new outfit – ReMode will also be running a pop-up shop and clothes-swapping swish after the event with rails of gorgeous sustainable fashion to pick from.
BYOB for a friendly, intimate event.
Kirstin Innes’s debut novel Fishnet won The Guardian’s Not The Booker Prize and was described as “full of gritty brilliance…rare and refreshing” by the New York Times. Her new novel Scabby Queen is out in April, published by 4th Estate, and this evening’s audience will receive a special money-off voucher for online pre-order.
Outi Smith is a jazz singer, pianist and choir leader from Finland, who now lives in Lochwinnoch. She’s currently studying for a Masters in Music Education at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. As a songwriter and arranger Outi draws inspiration from both her classical and jazz backgrounds and isn’t afraid to mix in influences from other genres either.
Tickets are £6/£8 and available from The Junction or Now & Then.
Please note: this event is now happening in the McKillop Institute.
- Refugees for Justice, Remembrance Bench Dedication
- Glasgow Film Festival Announces 2022 Programme
- Linda Jaxson Band, Websters
- Terrence Higgins Trust 10K Fundraiser in Glasgow
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced
- Carlton Jug Band at The Clutha
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- No Radio Silence – launch of film by Unity Sisters
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Hugh Reed and the Velvet Underpants, Carlton Studios
- If Not Now – From The Fire Vol III EP Launch
- Smokehead Sessions Festive Concert Livestream with Dave Arcari