Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
13 March, 2020
McKillop Institute, Main Street, Lochwinnoch PA12 4AJ
Part of Lochwinnoch Arts Festival – 6 – 29 March, 2020
Join Lochwinnoch-based novelist Kirstin Innes and musician Outi Smith for a special evening of stories and songs.
Kirstin’s new novel, Scabby Queen, traces the rise and fall of a one-hit-wonder.
In this sneak preview event she’ll be reading excerpts – a whole month before publication – accompanied by Outi’s interpretation of some of the songs that inspired the novel.
There’s also a chance to pick up a whole new outfit – ReMode will also be running a pop-up shop and clothes-swapping swish after the event with rails of gorgeous sustainable fashion to pick from.
BYOB for a friendly, intimate event.
Kirstin Innes’s debut novel Fishnet won The Guardian’s Not The Booker Prize and was described as “full of gritty brilliance…rare and refreshing” by the New York Times. Her new novel Scabby Queen is out in April, published by 4th Estate, and this evening’s audience will receive a special money-off voucher for online pre-order.
Outi Smith is a jazz singer, pianist and choir leader from Finland, who now lives in Lochwinnoch. She’s currently studying for a Masters in Music Education at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. As a songwriter and arranger Outi draws inspiration from both her classical and jazz backgrounds and isn’t afraid to mix in influences from other genres either.
Tickets are £6/£8 and available from The Junction or Now & Then.
Please note: this event is now happening in the McKillop Institute.
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Lindisfarne at Cottiers
- Starchild Sunflower Sanctuary – Autism
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt