John Waters’ Polyester – Launch of Scalarama Programme 2018
August, 11, 2018 at CCA
Launch of the Scalarama 2018 programme, and a rare screening of John Waters’ Polyester (1981) as it was intended – in original scratch ‘n’ sniff Odorama!
Meet Francine Fishpaw, tortured suburban housewife. With a pornographer husband, a pregnant teenage daughter, and a son with a foot-stomping fetish, Francine smells trouble around every corner. That is, until she meets and falls madly in love with Todd Tomorrow.
Polyester screens with Michael Baig Clifford’s Scala Cinema documentary (1990) and Scalarama participants from across Scotland will introduce the 2018 programme!
RSVP for free ticket (including Odorama card): bit.ly/odorama2018
NB Due to the CCA’s temporary closure, location is TBC
Thanks to Filmbank + Film Hub Scotland
Part of the Scalarama Glasgow 2018 programme
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables