Last Night I Saw You Smiling, GFT
Saturday 26 October 2019
The White Building in Phnom Penh, an iconic apartment block originally built in 1963, emptied by the Khmer Rouge, and subsequently the centre of a thriving artistic community, has been sold to Japanese developers and is scheduled for demolition. Filmmaker Kavich Neang – himself born and raised in the building – returns to interview fellow residents as they pack up their belongings and prepare for eviction. Neang interweaves their reflections and reminiscences with the turbulent national history to which the structure has borne witness, invoking ghosts of the past that reside within the building’s walls.
Co-presented with Aperture: Asia & Pacific Film Festival
Kavich Neang | Cambodia, France | 2019 | 75m
In order to make Document more accessible to those on a low income, we use a sliding scale ticket price of £2-£8 for our events, with free tickets also available on the day from the festival box office. You can choose what you pay based on your circumstances – you won’t be asked for any proof / ID. And, if you would like to book a free ticket in advance, or make a group booking of free tickets, please feel free to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We trust our audiences’ honesty and hope that Document can be accessible for all whilst being supported to continue our activities in the future. For a rough guide on what to pay at our events, please visit our website.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- September Programme at G.FT.
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Make Up, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Re-opening Programme
- “Trainspotting The Italian Chapter” madness or success beyond the borders
- White Riot, Govanhill International Festival
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Take One Action 2020
- Edinburgh Festivals Past 1954 – 1969
- Glasgow Short Film Festival Online