Kaleidoscope – LGBT Art Exhibition, Glasgow. Call for artists.
Call for Artists
Kaleidoscope – LGBT Art Exhibition
Pride Glasgow 2014 Festival Art Exhibition
Call for Submissions
Pride Glasgow are looking for artists to submit their work to our first art exhibition.
Entitled “Kaleidoscope” This exhibition will focus on artwork that is by LGBT+ Artists or from non LGBT+ artists who’s selected works includes LGBT themes or concepts
The exhibition is a group show open to everyone including new artists, particularly those who have never exhibited before from across the UK and also artists from other commonwealth nations.
Submissions are invited from both self-taught and professional artists.
The exhibition is mixed media and we are looking for artwork and artists working in a range of media including painting, drawing, and photography, written word, mixed media, pottery, tapestries, sculpture and certain forms of installation. Film and video may be considered, but opportunities are more restricted.
The opening night is Friday 18 July from 5.30pm to 8.30pm
The exhibition will be open to the public from 19 July 2014 – 26 July 2014 from 12pm to 5pm
Procedure for Consideration
Complete the form at http://www.prideglasgow.co.uk/art-submission/ Provide a paragraph about the submitted work, sale price (if appropriate) and an image and another about you as an artist including background, any training and any previous exhibitions.
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Stage and Screen Exhibition at The Hunterian
- A Stone, A Spark and A Shard of Glass Exhibition
- The Lush Exhibition – Project-Ability
- Colour Stories of the Glasgow Style, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- ‘Revolutionary Colour: A Tour of British Art’, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Freya O’Neill Art
- Glasgow Doors Open Days – It Was The Loom That Broke My Heart
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Art Show, Ardardan Garden Centre
- Wednesday Wanders at The Whisky Bond
- GI Oils Exhibition – From East to West
- Sogo Arts – Art by Tommy
- Drawing Together Project – Refugee Festival Scotland
- Banksy at GOMA – Cut and Run
- Paintings on Railings at West Fest
- Robert Burns Photography Exhibition – A Window On Ukraine
- REVEAL – previously Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair
- Mary Quant Fashion Revolutionary at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- A Rare Glimpse of Shakespeare’s First Folio at The Hunterian Art Gallery
- Maryhill is Wonderful – photography exhibition of the people of Maryhill