Kaleidoscope – LGBT Art Exhibition, Glasgow. Call for artists.
Call for Artists
Kaleidoscope – LGBT Art Exhibition
Pride Glasgow 2014 Festival Art Exhibition
Call for Submissions
Pride Glasgow are looking for artists to submit their work to our first art exhibition.
Entitled “Kaleidoscope” This exhibition will focus on artwork that is by LGBT+ Artists or from non LGBT+ artists who’s selected works includes LGBT themes or concepts
The exhibition is a group show open to everyone including new artists, particularly those who have never exhibited before from across the UK and also artists from other commonwealth nations.
Submissions are invited from both self-taught and professional artists.
The exhibition is mixed media and we are looking for artwork and artists working in a range of media including painting, drawing, and photography, written word, mixed media, pottery, tapestries, sculpture and certain forms of installation. Film and video may be considered, but opportunities are more restricted.
The opening night is Friday 18 July from 5.30pm to 8.30pm
The exhibition will be open to the public from 19 July 2014 – 26 July 2014 from 12pm to 5pm
Procedure for Consideration
Complete the form at http://www.prideglasgow.co.uk/art-submission/ Provide a paragraph about the submitted work, sale price (if appropriate) and an image and another about you as an artist including background, any training and any previous exhibitions.
- Conal Doherty – Vision and Peace Be Me
- Landmarks: Hugh MacDiarmid’s Brownsbank
- Compass Gallery – Gregor Smith Exhibition
- Truck Art at The Mela
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- From the Studio of Alasdair Gray – Sale Great Western Auctions
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- Kayus Bankole & Kei Miller: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Govanhill Baths Archive Showcase
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Banner Promenade, The Deep End
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum Reopens
- Compass Gallery Glasgow – Anna Molin Exhibition
- Celebrating Diversity Festival
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Ghazal: the phone – poem by Rizwan Akhtar
- In Times of Self-Isolation poem by Rizwan Akhtar
- Corona Virus Stew – poem by Leela Soma