Joanna Walsh Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow, 16 October, 2017
Monday 16 October
1 – 2 PM University Chapel
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Joanna Walsh is a writer of fiction and non-fiction.
Her work has been published by Granta, Tate, The London Review of Books, The White Review, The Dalkey Archive, Best European Fiction 2015, gorse journal, The Stinging Fly, The Dublin Review, Best British Short Stories 2014 & 2015 and others.
Her story collection, Fractals, is published by 3: AM Press. She was awarded the 2017 Arts Foundation Fellowship for Literature (Creative Non-Fiction). She was a judge for the 2016 Goldsmiths Prize and was 2016/17 Writer In Residence at Maynooth University, Ireland.
She is currently working on a CHASE-funded PhD in Creative and Critical writing at the University of East Anglia. She runs @read_women, for which she won Women In Publishing’s 2014 New Venture Award, and which the New York Times called ‘a rallying cry for the equal treatment of women writers’.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced