Joanna Walsh Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow, 16 October, 2017
Monday 16 October
1 – 2 PM University Chapel
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Joanna Walsh is a writer of fiction and non-fiction.
Her work has been published by Granta, Tate, The London Review of Books, The White Review, The Dalkey Archive, Best European Fiction 2015, gorse journal, The Stinging Fly, The Dublin Review, Best British Short Stories 2014 & 2015 and others.
Her story collection, Fractals, is published by 3: AM Press. She was awarded the 2017 Arts Foundation Fellowship for Literature (Creative Non-Fiction). She was a judge for the 2016 Goldsmiths Prize and was 2016/17 Writer In Residence at Maynooth University, Ireland.
She is currently working on a CHASE-funded PhD in Creative and Critical writing at the University of East Anglia. She runs @read_women, for which she won Women In Publishing’s 2014 New Venture Award, and which the New York Times called ‘a rallying cry for the equal treatment of women writers’.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Jazz on a Summer’s Day review by Pat Byrne
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis