Joanna Walsh Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow, 16 October, 2017
Monday 16 October
1 – 2 PM University Chapel
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Joanna Walsh is a writer of fiction and non-fiction.
Her work has been published by Granta, Tate, The London Review of Books, The White Review, The Dalkey Archive, Best European Fiction 2015, gorse journal, The Stinging Fly, The Dublin Review, Best British Short Stories 2014 & 2015 and others.
Her story collection, Fractals, is published by 3: AM Press. She was awarded the 2017 Arts Foundation Fellowship for Literature (Creative Non-Fiction). She was a judge for the 2016 Goldsmiths Prize and was 2016/17 Writer In Residence at Maynooth University, Ireland.
She is currently working on a CHASE-funded PhD in Creative and Critical writing at the University of East Anglia. She runs @read_women, for which she won Women In Publishing’s 2014 New Venture Award, and which the New York Times called ‘a rallying cry for the equal treatment of women writers’.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks
- Christmas at Glasgow Film Theatre 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub + Backseat Bingo Dial Code: Santa Claus + Secret Santa Party
- UKJF Why the Jews? + Starboy CCA
- Southern Exposure Utu CCA
- So Long, My Son GFT
- Knives Out GFT
- Honey Boy GFT
- The Forgotten Screening and Q & A
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz Panto at Websters 2019
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Cinderella, Theatre School of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020