Jim’s Glasgow WEst End Photo Diary – January 2020
GWE Photo Diary January 2020
Glasgow photo diary while out and about in Glasgow West End and beyond
If you take a photo of tree bark with moss on it and turn it sideways it looks like an aerial shot of the countryside. Who knew?
File under: not very interesting but had compulsion to upload a photo.
The facelift and work around my eyes has given me so much more confidence. It's gonna be party, party, party from now on.
The woodcarving in the Glasgow University Chapel is stunning.
The carving is by Archibald Dawson A.R.S.A. (1892-1938). “Dawson was reportedly ‘steeped in the traditions of Classical and Medieval sculpture to which he added an individuality and at times a puckish sense of humour,’ which is perhaps best illustrated in the Chapel by the repeated motif of the pipe-smoking monkey.” University of Glasgow.
Delivering your address behind this carved angel will give your message some gravitas.
This section: Jim's West End Photography Diary
Filed under: Jim's West End Photography Diary
- A Visit to Kelvingrove
- Wildlife in Glasgow: Birds
- Jim Byrne photos Forth and Clyde Canal – Birds
- Swans and ducks on the Forth and Clyde Canal
- Jim’s Photo Gallery – Trip to North Berwick, A wander along Forth & Clyde Canal
- Jim’s Glasgow WEst End Photo Diary – January 2020
- GWE Photo Diary December 2019
- Jim’s West End Photo Diary – November 2019
- Jim West End Photo Gallery – September 2019. Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Lizzie Read at The Poety Club, Gretsch Guitar
- Jim’s Glasgow West End Photo Gallery – August 2019 – Flowers on Pat’s Balcony
- Jim’s Glasgow West End Photo Diary – July 2019; Merchant City Festival, Carla J Easton, Websters Theatre
- Jim’s Photo Diary May 2019: Glasgow Green, People’s Palace Fountain, Glasgow Art Fair, Balcony Photos
- Jim’s Photo Diary: April 2019: People’s Palace, Cast Iron, Victorian Lights, Glass House
- Photography Gallery August 2018; Jim’s West End: Kelvinbridge, Clatty Pats, An Clachan Cafe, Euro 2018, Glasgow University
- Photo Gallery July 2018; Jim’s diary: Bowling, big boat, Euro 2018 Cycle Road Race, Glasgow University Ceiling Vault, Old Scottish Postbox, Unicorn
- Photography Gallery June 2018, Jim’s Diary: Glenlee Tall Ship, Francesca Waddell fashion illustrator, GFT Cosmo Cafe, Ruthven Lane, Wellington Church
- Jim’s Photo Diary December 2017: Stained Glass, Brel, Snow, Botanic Gardens, Winter Festival George Square, Big Wheel
- Jim’s Photo Diary November 2017: Graphic Designs, Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Great Western Road, Framed Prints
- Jim’s West End Photo Diary October 2017: Etsy shop designs, Botanic Gardens, Glasgow Art School, Flowers, Abstract designs
- Jim’s West End Photo Diary September 2017