Jill Creighton’s Blog: Hints and Tips on Christmas Shopping for Men
Christmas is coming and you know what that means.
Yep, you need to go shopping. No need to be scared – with my Gift Buying Guide you’ll sail through it and snap up a gift that your missus will LOVE.
Gift Buying Guide for Men
1. Tune in to the hints – Usually around mid to late November thoughtful women will start dropping hints. It’s your job is to tune in.
Examples of hints
After a night out with friends she says:Did you notice Suzie’s earrings? Beautiful! I just love diamond studs.
When flicking through a magazine she suddenly exclaims ….Good heavens! Mulberry (that’s a company that makes bags) has the Lily (that’s a style of bag – they are often called woman’s names) in Dark Frozen (that’s a colour). It’s sooooo gorgeous.
When heading out to the supermarket she nonchalantly remarks. My winter coat is getting very tired looking. I really need a new one. Fifteen minutes later, as she squeezes a cantaloupe melon, she says…I love red coats. Rather randomly, next morning she remarks …Whistles have some really lovely coats
These Are Not Hints…
That sodding toaster is on the blink again.
The vacuum cleaner’s had it.
I really need to get some anti-freeze.
Get off the mark fast if you are shopping online
There’s a good chance that popular items will be sold out and unless you order before the 1st of December there’s the risk delivery will be around the 3rd of January – which, incidentally is what solicitors have dubbed Divorce Day .
Read the full article on Men Buying OMG I love my Christmas Gift by Jill Creighton
- Sarah Kudirka Open Studio The Hidden Lane
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Urban Market at The Dock Yard Social
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Books at the Botanics
- Magical Enchanted Halloween Celebration Fair
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Don’t miss the summer sale at Jasmine, Glasgow West End
- Free Comic Book Day, City Centre Comics
- Calamity Jane – Mother’s Day Sing-a-Long, GFT
- Celebrating women artists at Nancy Smillie
- Clochoderick Press Presents an Evening of Poetry and Spoken Word
- New Year Heralds In Fresh Brush Strokes, Thistle Gallery
- Glasgow Christmas Markets
- ‘Unwrapped’ Show at The Thistle Gallery 2018
- Eusebi Hampers and Pre-prepared Festive Food
- Christmas Shopping Glasgow West End
- Late Night Opening at De Courcy’s hosted Janet and John and Lovesome Emporium
- The Hidden Lane Christmas Shopping
- Christmas Shopping, Rags to Riches