Jambo – Black History Month Radio Sessions Scotland
Throughout October, starting Friday 2 October, 2020 10 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
Tune in to Jambo! Radio throughout the month of October to listen to the Roundtable Cultural Discussion ‘How can we change the consequences of racism when it is rooted in systems and slavery?’ Event will host some of the top Scottish black leaders discussing solutions to reconfigure a system that is anti-racist in Scotland. Panellist will include: Sir Geoff Palmer – Scotland’s First black Professor; Mukami McCrum MBE – Retired Equality Manager for Scottish Government; Graham Campbell – First Afro-Caribbean Councillor at Glasgow Council City; Regina Bews – School of African Culture; Eunice Olumide MBE – Scotland’s First Black Model; Amanda Baker – Author and Poet; Sean Reid – Black and Scottish Comedian and Lisa Williams – Founder, Edinburgh Caribbean Association.
Filed under: Black History Month Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Free Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- The Coming Back Out Ball – National Theatre of Scotland
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Mandabi, GFT
- Ammonite, GFT
- Earwig and the Witch at GFT
- First Cow, GFT
- The Father at GFT
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021