Italian Film Festival, Glasgow Film Theatre 11 – 16 March, 2016
Ten Films at Glasgow Film Theatre
Friday 11 – Wednesday 16 March
The 23rd edition of the Italian Film Festival takes place at GFT 11-16 March, and features a mixture of new releases from established directors, fresh discoveries and a glorious restoration of a classic title from one of the undisputed masters of Italian cinema.
Festival highlights this year include the UK premiere of Call Me Francesco, Daniele Luchetti’s compelling portrait of the early years of Jorge Mario Bergoglio, and the UK premiere of Don’t Be Bad, Italy’s 2016 Oscar contender from the late Claudio Caligari (Toxic Love). The festival also marks the 40th anniversary of the death of Luchino Visconti with the stunning Rocco and His Brothers, which is screening in the glorious 4K restoration
The Invisible Boy (N/C 15+)
An Italian twist to the superhero movie.
Sat 12 March, 2016 (13.35)
Call Me Francesco (N/C 12+)
The latest film from Daniele Luchetti
Sat 12 Mar, 2016 (17.35)
Beginners (N/C 15+)
Love changes everything.
Sat 12 Mar, 2016 (20.10)
Rocco and his Brothers (15)
Luchino Visconti’s masterpiece.
Sun 13 Mar, 2016 (16.30)
Sworn Virgin (N/C 12+)
Laura Bispuri’s award-winning debut feature.
Sun 13 Mar, 2016 (20.05)
God Willing (N/C 12+)
A witty, thought-provoking comedy.
Mon 14 Mar, 2016 (18.15)
Latin Lover (N/C 12+)
Celebrating the glories of Italian cinema.
Mon 14 Mar, 2016 (20.15)
They Call Me Jeeg (N/C 12+)
Inspired by the 1970s cartoon series Steel Jeeg.
Tue 15 Mar, 2016 (17.50)
Chlorine (N/C 12+)
A fresh perspective on the coming of age drama.
Tue 15 Mar, 2016(20.15)
The Legendary Guilia and Other Miracles (N/C 12+)
Winner of the Italian Golden Globe for comedy of the year.
Wed 16 Mar, 2016 (18.15)
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
- The Greatest Hits, Mental Health Fundraiser
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA