Italian Film Festival, Glasgow Film Theatre 11 – 16 March, 2016
Ten Films at Glasgow Film Theatre
Friday 11 – Wednesday 16 March
The 23rd edition of the Italian Film Festival takes place at GFT 11-16 March, and features a mixture of new releases from established directors, fresh discoveries and a glorious restoration of a classic title from one of the undisputed masters of Italian cinema.
Festival highlights this year include the UK premiere of Call Me Francesco, Daniele Luchetti’s compelling portrait of the early years of Jorge Mario Bergoglio, and the UK premiere of Don’t Be Bad, Italy’s 2016 Oscar contender from the late Claudio Caligari (Toxic Love). The festival also marks the 40th anniversary of the death of Luchino Visconti with the stunning Rocco and His Brothers, which is screening in the glorious 4K restoration
The Invisible Boy (N/C 15+)
An Italian twist to the superhero movie.
Sat 12 March, 2016 (13.35)
Call Me Francesco (N/C 12+)
The latest film from Daniele Luchetti
Sat 12 Mar, 2016 (17.35)
Beginners (N/C 15+)
Love changes everything.
Sat 12 Mar, 2016 (20.10)
Rocco and his Brothers (15)
Luchino Visconti’s masterpiece.
Sun 13 Mar, 2016 (16.30)
Sworn Virgin (N/C 12+)
Laura Bispuri’s award-winning debut feature.
Sun 13 Mar, 2016 (20.05)
God Willing (N/C 12+)
A witty, thought-provoking comedy.
Mon 14 Mar, 2016 (18.15)
Latin Lover (N/C 12+)
Celebrating the glories of Italian cinema.
Mon 14 Mar, 2016 (20.15)
They Call Me Jeeg (N/C 12+)
Inspired by the 1970s cartoon series Steel Jeeg.
Tue 15 Mar, 2016 (17.50)
Chlorine (N/C 12+)
A fresh perspective on the coming of age drama.
Tue 15 Mar, 2016(20.15)
The Legendary Guilia and Other Miracles (N/C 12+)
Winner of the Italian Golden Globe for comedy of the year.
Wed 16 Mar, 2016 (18.15)
- Compass Gallery – Gregor Smith Exhibition
- Window Wanderland – Windows of Wonder Glasgow
- How to Manage Hip and Knee Pain
- Truck Art at The Mela
- In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release