Italian Film Festival, Glasgow Film Theatre 11 – 16 March, 2016
Ten Films at Glasgow Film Theatre
Friday 11 – Wednesday 16 March
The 23rd edition of the Italian Film Festival takes place at GFT 11-16 March, and features a mixture of new releases from established directors, fresh discoveries and a glorious restoration of a classic title from one of the undisputed masters of Italian cinema.
Festival highlights this year include the UK premiere of Call Me Francesco, Daniele Luchetti’s compelling portrait of the early years of Jorge Mario Bergoglio, and the UK premiere of Don’t Be Bad, Italy’s 2016 Oscar contender from the late Claudio Caligari (Toxic Love). The festival also marks the 40th anniversary of the death of Luchino Visconti with the stunning Rocco and His Brothers, which is screening in the glorious 4K restoration
The Invisible Boy (N/C 15+)
An Italian twist to the superhero movie.
Sat 12 March, 2016 (13.35)
Call Me Francesco (N/C 12+)
The latest film from Daniele Luchetti
Sat 12 Mar, 2016 (17.35)
Beginners (N/C 15+)
Love changes everything.
Sat 12 Mar, 2016 (20.10)
Rocco and his Brothers (15)
Luchino Visconti’s masterpiece.
Sun 13 Mar, 2016 (16.30)
Sworn Virgin (N/C 12+)
Laura Bispuri’s award-winning debut feature.
Sun 13 Mar, 2016 (20.05)
God Willing (N/C 12+)
A witty, thought-provoking comedy.
Mon 14 Mar, 2016 (18.15)
Latin Lover (N/C 12+)
Celebrating the glories of Italian cinema.
Mon 14 Mar, 2016 (20.15)
They Call Me Jeeg (N/C 12+)
Inspired by the 1970s cartoon series Steel Jeeg.
Tue 15 Mar, 2016 (17.50)
Chlorine (N/C 12+)
A fresh perspective on the coming of age drama.
Tue 15 Mar, 2016(20.15)
The Legendary Guilia and Other Miracles (N/C 12+)
Winner of the Italian Golden Globe for comedy of the year.
Wed 16 Mar, 2016 (18.15)
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Blade – 4K GFT
- Last Night in Soho GFT
- Glasgow Hallowe’en Ghost Walk
- Hallowe’en – Spooky Kelvindale Woods
- Ice Box Halloween Gig Part 1
- Icebox Halloween Movie Night
- Hallowe’en Witch Market, Britannica Panopticon
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT