In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
Thursday 1st October, 2020 6.30 p.m.
For the fifth in series of In Focus talks with book launch for ’16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990′, a comprehensive yet accessible photobook on live music in Scotland during a key period.
The book is comprised of unpublished ‘crowd shots’, selected professional photography and a wide range of ephemera. With over 550 pages of content, including 2,000 photos from over 100 venues across 32 towns and cities throughout Scotland this is a must have for music and photography aficionados alike.
This special event sees Chris Brickley; a lifelong music fan who has worked in fine art for the last 25 years & compiled the book, in conversation with musician Ken McCluskey (The Bluebells / The McCluskey Brothers), who lectures in Music Business at Glasgow Kelvin College and is a mentor at Electric Honey Records.
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Helen Rose Outdoors Rigging Hill, Largs.
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer