The Hot Club of Cowtown, St Andrew’s in the Square, 6 April, 2016.
An Evening With The Hot Club Of Cowtown
Wednesday 6th April 2016
St Andrews In the Square, 1 St. Andrew’s Square, Glasgow G1 5PP
The Fallen Angels Club
The Hot Club of Cowtown are heading back to Glasgow for the first time in three years for an April 2016 show at St Andrews in the Square.
Winners of the Western Swing Group of the Year 2015 Award at the 2015 Ameripolitan Music Awards the globe trotting band continues to develop and its sound, winning new fans along the way.
With Elana James (fiddle and vocals), Whit Smith (guitar and vocals) plus Jake Erwin (upright bass and vocals), the band perform a blistering mix of blues, jazz, folk, American fiddle tunes and pop standards with improvisation never more than the next beat away.
The band, a big hit at Glasgow Americana in 2008, have toured with Dylan, Willie Nelson and The Mavericks and established themselves as favourites on both sides of the Atlantic with admirers such as Bob Harris and Jools Holland.
These are brilliant musicians who can play any kind of music and thrill an audience.
It’s great to be able to welcome them back.
Tickets £16.50 from Tickets Scotland 0141 204 5151
Doors 7.30pm, 8pm start
Buy tickets online
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Lockdown Video – Mic Clark
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Calypso Windrush Caribbean Film Festival
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow