The Hot Club of Cowtown, St Andrew’s in the Square, 6 April, 2016.
An Evening With The Hot Club Of Cowtown
Wednesday 6th April 2016
St Andrews In the Square, 1 St. Andrew’s Square, Glasgow G1 5PP
The Fallen Angels Club
The Hot Club of Cowtown are heading back to Glasgow for the first time in three years for an April 2016 show at St Andrews in the Square.
Winners of the Western Swing Group of the Year 2015 Award at the 2015 Ameripolitan Music Awards the globe trotting band continues to develop and its sound, winning new fans along the way.
With Elana James (fiddle and vocals), Whit Smith (guitar and vocals) plus Jake Erwin (upright bass and vocals), the band perform a blistering mix of blues, jazz, folk, American fiddle tunes and pop standards with improvisation never more than the next beat away.
The band, a big hit at Glasgow Americana in 2008, have toured with Dylan, Willie Nelson and The Mavericks and established themselves as favourites on both sides of the Atlantic with admirers such as Bob Harris and Jools Holland.
These are brilliant musicians who can play any kind of music and thrill an audience.
It’s great to be able to welcome them back.
Tickets £16.50 from Tickets Scotland 0141 204 5151
Doors 7.30pm, 8pm start
Buy tickets online
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress GFT
- Parasite GFT
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Love Sarah, Glasgow Film Festival
- The Public, GFT
- Little Joe, GFT
- Greed GFT
- Lost Transmissions, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Whistlers, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- New Works Festival at Websters Theatre
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Secret Location: Final Destination