GSFF: Opening Screening Terror Nullius
13 March, 2019 8.30 p.m.
At once satire, eco-horror and road movie, this political revenge fable offers an unwriting of Australian national mythologies. Soda_Jerk’s revisionist history opens a wilful narrative space where cinema fictions and historical facts permeate each other in new ways. The apocalyptic desert camps of Mad Max 2 become the site of refugee detention, flesh-eating sheep are recast as anti-colonial insurgents and a feminist motorcycle gang goes vigilante on Mel Gibson.
Formed in Sydney in 2002, Soda Jerk is a two-person art collective working at the intersection of documentary and speculative fiction. They are fundamentally interested in the politics of images: how they circulate, whom they benefit, and how they can be undone, through sampling, re-editing, superimposition
The artists will be in attendance for a post-screening conversation.
£7.00 full price / £5.00 concessions
Ticket holders get a free drink courtesy of our friends at Merchant City Brewing Co. and Biggar Gin!
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Lockdown Video – Mic Clark
- Calypso Windrush Caribbean Film Festival
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Her Century – National Library of Scotland
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Jazz on a Summer’s Day review by Pat Byrne
- Learn How To Use Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland
- National Library of Scotland Film Friday
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- Best of Africa in Motion Shorts – Shoeshine screening online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- National Theatre Live Events GFT