Greece: Days of Change Sat 4 June 2016, CCA
7.30pm, £8 (£6) + £1 booking fee, Cinema
Book online / 0141 352 4900
Greece: Days of Change follows three Greeks trying to take their destiny in their own hands as the recession continues, asking: Could this crisis be our chance to re-invent ourselves and our society?
The film follows Glorgos,who became homeless, finding the strength to overcome his difficulties and put his life back together.
Then, Grigoris’ family, as they seek a better quality of life leaving the city.
Finally, the film introduces the activist volunteer group behind the “potato movement” as their activities impact society as a whole by challenging the commercial food supply chain, and practicing solidarity and direct democracy.
As the economic crisis lingers and deepens, Greece: Days of Change reminds us of the resilience, initiative and strength of the human spirit, even in times of crisis.
Proceeds from the screening will be donated to the refugees at Idomeni Camp in Greece.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
- The Greatest Hits, Mental Health Fundraiser
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA