Greece: Days of Change Sat 4 June 2016, CCA
7.30pm, £8 (£6) + £1 booking fee, Cinema
Book online / 0141 352 4900
Greece: Days of Change follows three Greeks trying to take their destiny in their own hands as the recession continues, asking: Could this crisis be our chance to re-invent ourselves and our society?
The film follows Glorgos,who became homeless, finding the strength to overcome his difficulties and put his life back together.
Then, Grigoris’ family, as they seek a better quality of life leaving the city.
Finally, the film introduces the activist volunteer group behind the “potato movement” as their activities impact society as a whole by challenging the commercial food supply chain, and practicing solidarity and direct democracy.
As the economic crisis lingers and deepens, Greece: Days of Change reminds us of the resilience, initiative and strength of the human spirit, even in times of crisis.
Proceeds from the screening will be donated to the refugees at Idomeni Camp in Greece.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA