Greece: Days of Change Sat 4 June 2016, CCA
7.30pm, £8 (£6) + £1 booking fee, Cinema
Book online / 0141 352 4900
Greece: Days of Change follows three Greeks trying to take their destiny in their own hands as the recession continues, asking: Could this crisis be our chance to re-invent ourselves and our society?
The film follows Glorgos,who became homeless, finding the strength to overcome his difficulties and put his life back together.
Then, Grigoris’ family, as they seek a better quality of life leaving the city.
Finally, the film introduces the activist volunteer group behind the “potato movement” as their activities impact society as a whole by challenging the commercial food supply chain, and practicing solidarity and direct democracy.
As the economic crisis lingers and deepens, Greece: Days of Change reminds us of the resilience, initiative and strength of the human spirit, even in times of crisis.
Proceeds from the screening will be donated to the refugees at Idomeni Camp in Greece.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community