GLITCH Film Festival Hanky Code: The Movie, CCA, Sat 25 March 2017
Sat 25 March 2017
9.30pm, Free (unticketed), Theatre, 18+
0141 352 4900
Related CCA Events
Fri 24 March — Sat 1 April 2017
Before Internet dating and hookup apps, The Handkerchief code was largely used by gay men in the 1970s to distinguish sexual preferences and fetishes in gay clubs and on the streets of places like San Francisco and New York.
In Hanky Code: The Movie, Periwinkle Cinema, San Francisco’s queer experimental film collective brings Queer and Trans filmmakers across a spectrum of genres, styles, genders, and locations to dissect the code in this epic anthology feature comprised of 25 short films! Each filmmaker or filmmaking team tells a story of a different colour/fetish of the code. Films range from narrative to experimental to erotic and animated, with many films redefining the traditional code with colours, patterns, and fetishes up to creative interpretation of the artist.
Dirs. Periwinkle Cinema | 90mins | USA | 2015 | Screening with English subtitles
This film is F-rated. Films are given an F-rating if directed by women, written by women and/or present significant female characters on screen, in their own right. f-rated.org.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN