Glasgow Songwriting Festival
GOVANHILL BATHS, 99 Calder St, Glasgow, G41 7RA
Findlay Napier, Jo Mango, Dave ‘Solareye’ Hook and Donna Maciocia are the tutors who will guide you through four fun and practical workshops, sharing their own songwriting tips and techniques.
Glasgow songwriting festival is a friendly and collaborative learning environment. We cater to all levels from “I’ve never written a song before” to “I’ve got albums out but I’m looking for inspiration or people to collaborate with” and everything in between.
The teaching will focus on songwriting ‘tools’, useful skills that you can take home to improve or supplement your songwriting. Class sizes are restricted to eight participants. The classes of eight will rotate around the four tutors so everyone participating in the festival gets to work with every tutor.
Your fee includes a free ticket to the opening concert on Friday 18th August. There will be a limited number of tickets available to non-participants so get in quick as this event always sells out.
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Ashton Lane Stre-EAT FEST
- Curatorial Tour: Glasgow and Slavery, People’s Palace
- A Day Of Fun Inspired by John Byrne
- National Youth Pipe Band of Scotland
- Pitch Perfect at Bloody Scotland 2022
- Roma Sisters Together – Govanhill International Festival