Glasgow’s Public Hearing into Cuts on Services, Wed 10 Feb, 2016 Adelaide’s Glasgow
Glasgow’s Public Hearing into Cuts on Services
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 6:30 PM
Adelaide’s Auditorium, Bath Street, Glasgow
Our city is facing the worst cuts to council funding in its history, the figure £131 million could devastate the services in Glasgow that we all rely and depend on. It could also cut jobs and earnings for many families in our city. Glasgow Trades Council and the Joint unions, representing the employees of Glasgow city council have called for public examination.
This is no ordinary meeting of politicians speaking, instead this meeting gives the people a chance to present their views.
Any community group in Glasgow, community councils, tenants and residents, unions, faith groups, food banks etc are all invited to give evidence which will be heard and recorded.
A panel of ploliticians have been invited to attend. They will be asked to listen to evidence and respond.
Leader of Glasgow City Council , Cllr Frank McAveety
Representing the Scottish Government and Glasgow MSP for the Southside, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon
and from the UK Government Secretary of State for Scotland David Mundell M.P.
Adelaide’s, 209 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4HZ
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest