Glasgow Petanque Club
Glasgow Petanque Club,
Willowbank Bowling Club,
36 Dowanside Rd,
Glasgow West End, G12 9DW
Sun Shines on Inverleith Petanquers
New kids on the block Glasgow Petanque Club took on the legends that are Inverlieth in the inaugural head to head in the West End of Glasgow in March, 2019.
Two teams of 12 played four rounds of 4 games in a doubles and triples format. This fun friendly was hotly contested on a chilly spring day.
Early on it looked as though the Glasgow players were going to be rewarded for their training throughout the winter, their dedication and enthusiasm was not to be rewarded this time.
Inverlieth’s Captain Monty Montgomery was presented the cup by the Glasgow President Shelley Mckenzie. The score of 11 wins to 5 didn’t fully represent the closeness of the games.
The Glasgow Club is grateful to Scottish Petanque Association and Inverleith Petanque Club for all the assistance they provided in setting up the club.
New Players Come and Try Event – Sunday 6 June, 2019
As a new club Glasgow are always on the look out for new players of any standard and will be running a come and try event on the 16th June as part of the West End Festival.
For more information contact email@example.com or pop into Willowbank Bowling Club, 36 Dowanside Rd, Glasgow West End, G12 9DW on a Sunday about 2pm.
How To Play Petanque
- Celtic Connections 2021 – Online
- Being Together: Book Free Outdoor Space – Woodlands Community Garden
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Something for Hallowe’en
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Creative Conversations: Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
- ‘Words From Battlefield’ – Book Launch
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Seven New Strawberries – Book Launch
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Seahorse Saturday
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop