Glasgow Mela Kelvingrove Park Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th June 2014
Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th June 2014 – Noon – 8pm
Glasgow Mela is Scotland’s biggest muticultural festival.
This year’s headline acts include the Red Hot Chilli Pipers, the popular drumming band Dhol Foundation and big name Bhangra acts Sukshinder Shinda and Jaz Dhami.
The Mela Bazaar with colourful gifts, accessories, textiles and scents.
Grosvenor Cinema marquee which will screen Bollywood films all weekend.
There will also be free Bollywood-style make-overs and henna on offer to add to the atmosphere.
Caterers will offer an exciting variety of delicious, high quality foods from around the world.
This year the Mela will also be a central part of the Culture 2014 programme for the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, West End Festival 2014
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Starchild Sunflower Sanctuary – Autism
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Beatson puts fun into fundraising – online quizz
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket