Glasgow Mela Kelvingrove Park Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th June 2014
Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th June 2014 – Noon – 8pm
Glasgow Mela is Scotland’s biggest muticultural festival.
This year’s headline acts include the Red Hot Chilli Pipers, the popular drumming band Dhol Foundation and big name Bhangra acts Sukshinder Shinda and Jaz Dhami.
The Mela Bazaar with colourful gifts, accessories, textiles and scents.
Grosvenor Cinema marquee which will screen Bollywood films all weekend.
There will also be free Bollywood-style make-overs and henna on offer to add to the atmosphere.
Caterers will offer an exciting variety of delicious, high quality foods from around the world.
This year the Mela will also be a central part of the Culture 2014 programme for the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, West End Festival 2014
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Queerness in 1980s Glasgow – Douglas Stuart
- Bloody Scotland: Michael Connelly and Ian Rankin
- Who’s Zoomin Who? Music, Copyright and Precarity
- Landmarks: Hugh MacDiarmid’s Brownsbank
- The Wild West of Scotland
- Celtic Connections 2021 – Online
- Book Week Scotland: Arlington Baths Recommends
- Welcome to Hgff20 with Co-Directors Eirene Houston and Hugo Rivalt
- Halloween Window Wanderland Anderston
- Halloween Apocalypse Glasgow
- Window Wanderland – Windows of Wonder Glasgow
- Loch Lomond Faerie Trail, Halloween 2020
- The Haunted Concert Hall