Fast Cuts and Snap Shots by Inua Ellams Mon 2nd – Saty 7th June, 2014 OranMor
Fast Cuts and Snap Shots
Monday 2nd – Saturday 7th June
OranMor, top of Byres Road
Winston, Emmanuel and Samuel work in a barber shop in London. Samuel and Emmanuel have a long lasting grievance relating to Samuel’s father – why was he sent to prison and who was to blame? Winston muses on the differences between Africans and Carribeans in the diaspora as a host of characters from all walks of life pass through their shop sharing stories: Ethan explores what it means to be a strong black man in the west; Muhammed boasts of his interracial dating exploits and old Sizwe recounts his first use of electric razors in Zimbabwe. Following Black T-shirt Collection and the award winning The 14th Tale, Inua Ellams’ Fast Cuts and Snapshots is a state-of-the-nation stack-of-polaroids offering glimpses at the innermost sentiments of black men; about country, people, football and politics.
Following Black T-shirt Collection and the award winning The 14th Tale, Inua Ellams Fast Cuts and Snapshots is a state-of-the-nation stack-of-polaroids offering glimpses at the inner most sentiments of black men; about country, people, football and politics in modern-day Britain.
Funded by Arts Council England. Commissioned by Oran Mor. This project was developed with the support of National Theatre Studio, West Yorkshire Playhouse, The Binks Trust and British Council ZA.
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Scenes for Survival – Danni the Champion NTS
- Scottish Opera – Pop Up Opera
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario, Cottiers, Glasgow
- Connect Choir, Cottiers Theatre
- Christina Bianco – ‘Diva-filled Show’ at Cottiers
- Tron Creative Presents: Table Read 6
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- Underwood Lane by John Byrne, The Tron
- Don’t Stop Me Now, The Tron
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- New Works Festival at Websters Theatre
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- The Three Gospels of Jimmy Reid by Kevin P. Gilday
- Are We Being Deported Now?
- Eight Songs For A Mad King at Cottiers