Glasgow Art Classes: Intuitive Collaborative Painting “Conversations in Paint” 10th/11th May, 2014
with Liz Mitchell
10th/11th May 2014
10.00 till 4.30 each day
West George College, 20 Sandyford Street, G3 8QJ
Let your intuitive self speak to you (and others) through “Conversations in Paint” at this fun two-day weekend workshop.
Working intuitively on paper and stretched canvases using a variety of art techniques with acrylic paints and mixed media to help you expand and experiment with your own unique visual vocabulary (the marks you make) and self-expression.
Working collaboratively with a partner or group on the same paper or canvas offers the individual the opportunity to let go the pressure of achieving a singular, specific piece of artwork and to relax, enjoy learn and be inspired by sharing the creative process with others. So lets collaborate, play and paint together!
All equipment and materials are provided. (Including two 50cmx50cm stretched canvas to take away)
Tea and snacks are provided. Bring your own lunch.
No prior painting experience is necessary for this experiential process based workshop. Suitable for beginners, students (great for portfolio work) through to professional artists looking to break through a creative block using a different approach. All you need is an open mind.
Liz Mitchell is a professional artist who studied Painting and Printmaking at Glasgow School of Art and has a degree in Art Therapy.
Please contact Liz for more information and to book a place.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Oscar, Bravo! – live streaming Street Level Photoworks on Facebook
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Close Up – Susan Wood Exhibition
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- Old KIlpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Bishopton
- Alasdair Gray – Omnium Gatherum
- DeepEnd Mural Govanhill Community Baths
- As I See Cuba (Como Veo Cuba) Photography Exibition
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian