Glasgow Art Classes: Intuitive Collaborative Painting “Conversations in Paint” 10th/11th May, 2014
with Liz Mitchell
10th/11th May 2014
10.00 till 4.30 each day
West George College, 20 Sandyford Street, G3 8QJ
Let your intuitive self speak to you (and others) through “Conversations in Paint” at this fun two-day weekend workshop.
Working intuitively on paper and stretched canvases using a variety of art techniques with acrylic paints and mixed media to help you expand and experiment with your own unique visual vocabulary (the marks you make) and self-expression.
Working collaboratively with a partner or group on the same paper or canvas offers the individual the opportunity to let go the pressure of achieving a singular, specific piece of artwork and to relax, enjoy learn and be inspired by sharing the creative process with others. So lets collaborate, play and paint together!
All equipment and materials are provided. (Including two 50cmx50cm stretched canvas to take away)
Tea and snacks are provided. Bring your own lunch.
No prior painting experience is necessary for this experiential process based workshop. Suitable for beginners, students (great for portfolio work) through to professional artists looking to break through a creative block using a different approach. All you need is an open mind.
Liz Mitchell is a professional artist who studied Painting and Printmaking at Glasgow School of Art and has a degree in Art Therapy.
Please contact Liz for more information and to book a place.
Email: [email protected]
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Stage and Screen Exhibition at The Hunterian
- A Stone, A Spark and A Shard of Glass Exhibition
- The Lush Exhibition – Project-Ability
- Colour Stories of the Glasgow Style, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- ‘Revolutionary Colour: A Tour of British Art’, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Glasgow Doors Open Days – It Was The Loom That Broke My Heart
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Art Show, Ardardan Garden Centre
- Wednesday Wanders at The Whisky Bond
- GI Oils Exhibition – From East to West
- Sogo Arts – Art by Tommy
- Drawing Together Project – Refugee Festival Scotland
- Banksy at GOMA – Cut and Run
- Paintings on Railings at West Fest
- Robert Burns Photography Exhibition – A Window On Ukraine
- REVEAL – previously Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair
- Mary Quant Fashion Revolutionary at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- A Rare Glimpse of Shakespeare’s First Folio at The Hunterian Art Gallery