Glasgow Art Classes: Intuitive Collaborative Painting “Conversations in Paint” 10th/11th May, 2014
with Liz Mitchell
10th/11th May 2014
10.00 till 4.30 each day
West George College, 20 Sandyford Street, G3 8QJ
Let your intuitive self speak to you (and others) through “Conversations in Paint” at this fun two-day weekend workshop.
Working intuitively on paper and stretched canvases using a variety of art techniques with acrylic paints and mixed media to help you expand and experiment with your own unique visual vocabulary (the marks you make) and self-expression.
Working collaboratively with a partner or group on the same paper or canvas offers the individual the opportunity to let go the pressure of achieving a singular, specific piece of artwork and to relax, enjoy learn and be inspired by sharing the creative process with others. So lets collaborate, play and paint together!
All equipment and materials are provided. (Including two 50cmx50cm stretched canvas to take away)
Tea and snacks are provided. Bring your own lunch.
No prior painting experience is necessary for this experiential process based workshop. Suitable for beginners, students (great for portfolio work) through to professional artists looking to break through a creative block using a different approach. All you need is an open mind.
Liz Mitchell is a professional artist who studied Painting and Printmaking at Glasgow School of Art and has a degree in Art Therapy.
Please contact Liz for more information and to book a place.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Spanish Civil War Collections The Mitchell Library
- Sarah Kudirka Open Studio The Hidden Lane
- ‘Creatures as Natural Hunters’ Damian Henry Glasgow Print Studio
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Glasgow School of Art Graduate Degree Show 2019
- Trees v Capitalism by Maggie Kelly at Woodland Community Workspace
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Young Talent, ProjectAbility
- Living in the Magic Garden, Cafe Gandolfi, Merchant City Glasgow
- Freed Spirit : The Paintings of Maria Spadoni (1928 – 2014) RGI
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow