Ghost Tours Theatre Royal Weekdays until 7th November, 2014
Ghost Tours Theatre Royal
Weekdays until 7th November, 2014
An empty theatre, out of hours and after dark, is full of dark shadows, unexpected noises, and fleeting glimpses of theatre ghosts – or is that just your imagination?
The Theatre Royal, as it stands, dates from 1895 and has a chequered history having been replaced by two earlier theatres built on the site in 1867 and 1888 – both of which were gutted by fire before being rebuilt within the existing external walls. But who really knows of the personal tragedies of its staff, or those performers who simply refuse to accept that the curtain, for them, has well and truly fallen? What might lurk behind a pillar or who might be sitting behind you, unseen, watching you as you watch a show?
Will you feel the temperature drop, will you experience any paranormal activity and will you ever be able to return to the theatre without having the feeling that someone or something is lurking over your shoulder?
The tours will take place immediately after the performance that evening. Meet in the foyer where an usher will take you to Ambassador Lounge for a safety briefing before the tour moves backstage.
‘The Theatre Royal Ghost Tours are a unique insight into the past and present of one of Glasgow’s greatest auditoriums. For thrill seekers, it offers a tense and at times terrifying night of horror and history. For theatre fans, it offers an exclusive opportunity to experience the inner-workings of a grand theatre, visit its most inaccessible corners and enjoy a private tour of a very public place. The result is an unforgettable theatrical experience which both stimulates and scares.’
Running time approx 45 min. Ages 18+
Information and booking online
Book: Call 08448717647
Theatre Royal, 282 Hope Street, Glasgow City Centre G2 3QA
This section: Hallowe'en in Glasgow, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Artie’s Halloween Singing Kettle at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Heidi Talbot and Boo Hewerdine at Websters Theatre
- Islets of Silence, The C Word, Websters Theatre
- Bend it like Bertie, Websters’ Theatre
- West End in the West End at Websters
- Touring Scotland – Pop Up Opera 2021
- James McAvoy Edinburgh Youth Theatre – Masterclass
- Halloween Window Wanderland Anderston
- Halloween Apocalypse Glasgow
- Window Wanderland – Windows of Wonder Glasgow
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Loch Lomond Faerie Trail, Halloween 2020