FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
1 and 2 March, 2019
It’s full scream ahead as FrightFest returns to Glasgow Film Festival for a 14thfearful year! Currently at its most vibrant and popular, the horror fantasy genre is constantly garnering critical acclaim, topping charts and even winning Oscars: not simply through cheap scares or graphic gore but by pushing boundaries, reflecting relevant political and social issues, and asking tough questions of audiences.
Passes are priced £75 for all 11 films screening as part of FrightFest on Friday 1 March and Saturday 2 March. No further discounts apply.
Friday 1 March
13.15 Level 16
15.35 The Dead Centre
18.30 Here Comes Hell!
20.30 Black Circle
23.00 Dead Ant
Saturday 2 March
10.45 The Rusalka
18.15 The Witch: Part 1 – The Subversion
23.25 The Hoard
Tickets for Lords of Chaos, screening as part of FrightFest on Thursday 28 February, and individual tickets for films screening at FrightFest on the 1 and 2 March, will go on sale to GFF Members at 12noon on Thursday 24 January and on general release at 10am on Monday 28 January.
All pass holders will receive a wristband to be worn over the 2-day event when they arrive for the event start time. Passes must be retained and produced if requested by a member of staff. Please note that bag searches may take place for FrightFest shows. Only alcohol bought at GFT may be taken into the cinema. Event is strictly 18+ so proof of age may be required upon request.
- WestFest – The Big Weekend
- Soul Bowl, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- WOCO Woodlands’ Own Community Festival
- The Making of Alasdair Gray’s Lanark
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End