Festival Fortnight 2018
Festival Fortnight is a two week programme of events coordinated by LEAP Sports to encourage LGBTI people and their friends to find out more about what sport and physical activities are available to them, to try something new and to get more active.
LEAP Sports envisage a future where everyone can access, participate, enjoy and excel in sport, no matter their gender identity or sexuality. Unfortunately, for many LGBTI people this isn’t the case and social, structural and individual barriers persist to stop them. Festival Fortnight aims to remove as many of these barriers as possible by:
- Increasing opportunities for LGBTI people to access sport and establishing pathways into regular participation.
- Celebrating and increasing the visibility of LGBTI people who already participate, enjoy and excel in sport, so that others can share in this experience.
- Exploring equality and human right issues in sport, sharing insight and knowledge to make sport more welcoming for all.
- Offering support and advice to help people get involved or to try something for the first time.
- Window Wanderland – Windows of Wonder Glasgow
- Truck Art at The Mela
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Digital Doors Open Day Glasgow 2020
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- Woodlands Community Family Cycling Bike Seat and Trailer Taster
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Govanhill Baths Archive Showcase