Festival Fortnight 2018
Festival Fortnight is a two week programme of events coordinated by LEAP Sports to encourage LGBTI people and their friends to find out more about what sport and physical activities are available to them, to try something new and to get more active.
LEAP Sports envisage a future where everyone can access, participate, enjoy and excel in sport, no matter their gender identity or sexuality. Unfortunately, for many LGBTI people this isn’t the case and social, structural and individual barriers persist to stop them. Festival Fortnight aims to remove as many of these barriers as possible by:
- Increasing opportunities for LGBTI people to access sport and establishing pathways into regular participation.
- Celebrating and increasing the visibility of LGBTI people who already participate, enjoy and excel in sport, so that others can share in this experience.
- Exploring equality and human right issues in sport, sharing insight and knowledge to make sport more welcoming for all.
- Offering support and advice to help people get involved or to try something for the first time.
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA
- Light Up Maryhill
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Wedding Showcase at Cottiers
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Christmas Fayre House for an Art Lover, Glasgow
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Street Party Ashton Lane
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
- The Greatest Hits, Mental Health Fundraiser
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow