FAIL BETTER: Yer Tea’s Oot McChuills Thursday 8 October, 2015
FAIL BETTER: Yer Tea’s Oot
Thursday 8 October, 2015
Just don’t ask me if i believe all this bull. My head is empty but my bowels are full I don’t really think this way I did yesterday, but not today… zombies eat human flesh, but which part do you like the best? It’s OCTOBER. Mon down to McChuills for a monthly night of mayhem fae
fugitive punk poet who was once laureate of the Scotia, recently published in Gutter magazine now spits his chaos fae the stage JIM FERGUSON
MACGILLVRAY has walked in a straight line with a dead wolf on her shoulders through the back streets of Vegas into the Nevada desert, eaten broken chandelier glass in a derelict East Berlin shopping mall, headbanged in gold medieval stocks in Birmingham allotments, burnt on a sun bed wearing conquistador armour in Edinburgh’s underground city, breast-fed a Highland swan in Oxford and regurgitated red roses in Greenland. She remains the clan chief.
with an hectic and electic music taste with so much skill MICHAEL BOYLE will truly blow you away.
CATBOY’s solo sets are representative of both his bands work and solo work, rapping over anger driven music or funky beats to express all sorts of vibes! This will be his first Glasgow gig – let’s gi him a good weejie welcome!
Fresh faced Mickey 9-er DOUGIE SMITH takes to the stage to share a whole host of songs of proper heart and soul. A rare solo appearance and deffos not to be missed!
and the whole night will be hosted by the magical, diligent, incredibley sassy music and word maker CHRISSY BARNACLE!!
As always folks, it’s free entry. All money fae the night goes to the artists so chuck what you can in the bucket.
40 High Street, Glasgow G1 1NL
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT