FAIL BETTER: Yer Tea’s Oot McChuills Thursday 8 October, 2015
FAIL BETTER: Yer Tea’s Oot
Thursday 8 October, 2015
Just don’t ask me if i believe all this bull. My head is empty but my bowels are full I don’t really think this way I did yesterday, but not today… zombies eat human flesh, but which part do you like the best? It’s OCTOBER. Mon down to McChuills for a monthly night of mayhem fae
fugitive punk poet who was once laureate of the Scotia, recently published in Gutter magazine now spits his chaos fae the stage JIM FERGUSON
MACGILLVRAY has walked in a straight line with a dead wolf on her shoulders through the back streets of Vegas into the Nevada desert, eaten broken chandelier glass in a derelict East Berlin shopping mall, headbanged in gold medieval stocks in Birmingham allotments, burnt on a sun bed wearing conquistador armour in Edinburgh’s underground city, breast-fed a Highland swan in Oxford and regurgitated red roses in Greenland. She remains the clan chief.
with an hectic and electic music taste with so much skill MICHAEL BOYLE will truly blow you away.
CATBOY’s solo sets are representative of both his bands work and solo work, rapping over anger driven music or funky beats to express all sorts of vibes! This will be his first Glasgow gig – let’s gi him a good weejie welcome!
Fresh faced Mickey 9-er DOUGIE SMITH takes to the stage to share a whole host of songs of proper heart and soul. A rare solo appearance and deffos not to be missed!
and the whole night will be hosted by the magical, diligent, incredibley sassy music and word maker CHRISSY BARNACLE!!
As always folks, it’s free entry. All money fae the night goes to the artists so chuck what you can in the bucket.
40 High Street, Glasgow G1 1NL
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow