Exhibition & Launch: Being Human, The Arches, Launch 4 June, 2015
Exhibition & Launch: Being Human
Launch: June 4 at 6.30 – 8 p.m.
Exhibition runs 4-21 June, 2015
A programme of visual art by Iranian refugee artists living in Scotland that explores a central theme of ‘being human’ and how the refugee experience has influenced their practice. Featuring exhibitions by IMan Tajik Photography and Paria Goodarzi.
Join us for the launch of Being Human on Thursday 4 June, featuring live performances from Iranian rappers, keynote speeches from the artists, a showcase of contemporary Iranian fashion design by Dina Abdood and dance from Maryhill Integration mIN and Albscott – Albanian Scottish Association.
Launch: Thursday 4 June, 6.30-8pm at the Arches Cafe Bar and Restaurant, FREE
Exhibition: 4-21 June, 10am-10pm in The Arches foyer, FREE
Part of Refugee Festival Scotland, produced by Scottish Refugee Council – helping refugees re-build their lives in Scotland for 30 years.
For more information about th efeatured artists, visit: www.thearches.co.uk/events/arts/being-human
The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, Glasgow G2 8DL
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Oscar, Bravo! – live streaming Street Level Photoworks on Facebook
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Close Up – Susan Wood Exhibition
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- Old KIlpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Bishopton
- Alasdair Gray – Omnium Gatherum
- DeepEnd Mural Govanhill Community Baths
- As I See Cuba (Como Veo Cuba) Photography Exibition
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall