EW Harris, Dopesickfly and Miss Demeanour, Swing Ltd, 13 September, 2016
Swing Ltd, 183A Hope Street, Glasgow G2 2UL
Tuesday 13 September, 2016 – 7.30 p.,.
Sci-fi singer songwriter E.W. Harris returns to Glasgow after winning many fans last year with his dramatic voice and individual songs. he’s joined by rising stars of the UK music scene and favourites of STV, DopeSickFly, led by Louisiana born Ant Thomaz. Glasgow’s own Miss Demeanour starts the show rolling with a solo performance with old favourites and new material.
Tickets £5 at the door
Known for his powerful vocals, and high energy performances, Harris’s songs attempt to peer in to our modern condition, through the eyes of robots, mutants, and accidental demigods.
New Yorker Eric Wilson Harris makes his second visit to Glasgow, after successful shows in 2015.
Born in the Rubber City (Akron, Ohio) and raised in the South, E.W. Harris calls himself “a futurist with an acoustic guitar and an axe to grind.” Touring Europe with new material from his “Live and Undisclosed”, and “ReEntry” albums he comes to Glasgow with strong vocals, odd demeanour and infectious laugh. He has temporarily left a vacuum in the Brooklyn/New York City scene where he plays with “Sky Captains of Industry”, an ironic sci-fi rock band and also plays solo in venues both in NYC and afield.
Check out his latest Album “Re-entry” on https://
Energetic Neo-soul-jazz-funk-hip hop fusion band led by US-born Anthony Thomaz.
Dopesickfly are fast making a name for themselves across the UK. Appearances on STV have resulted in invitations to play at the Edinburgh Fringe, Mugstock, Audio Soup and Bickerstock as well as gigs across Scotland and the North of England.
Check out their recent single: “Hydroplane”, and self titled album (https://
Born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ant Thomaz began writing lyrics at the age of twelve. A self-taught musician, his rapid-fire vocal instrument depicts scenes from the Deep South as well as meditations on the cityscape of New York. With his unique formula of creating his single song titled Unspoken Words, which went viral on YouTube views within a month. Thomaz has been able to generate a buzz about his music without a major label or representation, having successfully toured across America, The United Kingdom, the famed Apollo Theater, Fuse News Network. South By Southwest Music Festival and America’s Got Talent . Thomaz finds collaborating with DJ’s, musicians, comedians and spoken- word artists to be the crucial fusion of elements that make him the artist he is today.
Anthony’s band includes local songstress Wendy Rae, cult guitarist Chris Collins, drummer Calum McRae and, on bass, Joe Djaelani.
Miss Demeanour is a stalwart of the Glasgow pop/rock scene – with her band and as a solo artist. With an EP in the making she is building her career with artfully created, unashamedly romantic and instantly memorable songs, performed with a strong, voice that gives her songs dramatic impact.
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community