The Dolls Abroad King’s Theatre, Glasgow Sunday 30 April – 3 May, 2017
Louise McCarthy and Gayle Telfer Stevens
to star in
King’s Theatre, Glasgow
Sunday 30 April-Monday 1 May 2017
The Dolls are embarking on a 2017 tour which is already selling out at venues across Scotland, with a stop at the King’s Theatre, Glasgow at the end of April.
The Dolls first burst on to the scene in 2013 when Agnes and Sadie introduced us to the filthiest cleaners Scotland has ever seen. The success of The Dolls is the talk of the steamie with two out of three shows at the King’s Theatre, Glasgow already sold-out.
Tickets for two performances on Sunday 30 April were gone in just 50 minutes and so another show was added on Monday 1 May.
Starring Gayle Telfer Stevens (River City) and Louise McCarthy (Only an Excuse?), The Dolls Abroad is the must see comedy for 2017. Your jaws will be sore, your sides will be splitting – and not just from your kebab at the end of the night!
Having scrubbed toilets and pubs from Balloch to Dalgety Bay, The Dolls are in need of a holiday. And this year a donner doon Dunoon promenade just ain’t gonnae cut the mustard!
Luckily fate intervenes when Agnes wins top prize at Big Bella’s Bingo – an all-expense paid holiday in Greece, and she’s taking her lifelong pal Sadie along for the ride.
What follows is a whirlwind of ungodly heat, new foods (Tzatziki’s a food? We thought it wis an infection!) and an unlikely romance. However in the end the most important discovery is that a friendship found gabbing over the bleached holy bowl is a friendship for life.
Fasten your seatbelts as The Dolls take you on the gutter budget trip of a lifetime, with comedy banter, sing-alongs and all the fun that fans have come to expect from Scotland’s favourite scrubbers.
Nae for the fainthearted or the weans under 16.
Box office: 0844 871 7648*calls cost up to 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.
Buy tickets online
The Dolls Abroad
King’s Theatre, 297 Bath St, Glasgow G2 4JN
Sunday 30 April, 3pm &7pm
Monday 1 May, 2017 2pm
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- West End Festival 2021
- Govan Stones Music Festival