Change! Zero Hours Contract, Writing by Young Writers and Activists, STUC. 16 March, 2017
STUC, 333 Woodlands Road, G3 6NG
Young Workers Learning Project
Come along to celebrate the launch of this new book – written about and by people on zero hours contracts.
Hear excerpts from the book by young writers and activists who will share their lives on zero hour contracts.
Pinar Aksu, Community Development worker with Migrant Voice, and participants from the “A Story in a Poem project”, will read some of the poems they have written about their journey to Scotland.
The award winning writer Bernard MacLaverty will also be a guest.
Refreshments will be provided so get there early to avoid missing out!
From precarious work to precarious lives, the theme of the evening is ‘Change’ and what this means. As a labour movement, the Trades Union Council wants to ensure inclusiveness and new opportunities of integration for all.
Over the next few months, STUC will be running courses aimed at young and migrant workers participating together in order to break down barriers, or perceived barriers. For more information about these courses, which are part of the Young Workers’ Learning Project, and to register your place, please email Sarah Collins.
- Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress GFT
- Parasite GFT
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Love Sarah, Glasgow Film Festival
- The Public, GFT
- Little Joe, GFT
- Greed GFT
- Lost Transmissions, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Whistlers, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- New Works Festival at Websters Theatre
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Cottiers Pub Quiz
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party