Change! Zero Hours Contract, Writing by Young Writers and Activists, STUC. 16 March, 2017
STUC, 333 Woodlands Road, G3 6NG
Young Workers Learning Project
Come along to celebrate the launch of this new book – written about and by people on zero hours contracts.
Hear excerpts from the book by young writers and activists who will share their lives on zero hour contracts.
Pinar Aksu, Community Development worker with Migrant Voice, and participants from the “A Story in a Poem project”, will read some of the poems they have written about their journey to Scotland.
The award winning writer Bernard MacLaverty will also be a guest.
Refreshments will be provided so get there early to avoid missing out!
From precarious work to precarious lives, the theme of the evening is ‘Change’ and what this means. As a labour movement, the Trades Union Council wants to ensure inclusiveness and new opportunities of integration for all.
Over the next few months, STUC will be running courses aimed at young and migrant workers participating together in order to break down barriers, or perceived barriers. For more information about these courses, which are part of the Young Workers’ Learning Project, and to register your place, please email Sarah Collins.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Aye Write 2021 – Brit Bennet chaired by Nicola Sturgeon
- Balloch Open Mic Mental Health Week – May 2021
- Aye Write 2021 – Kicking Off This Weekend
- Living Our Dying – anthology pre-sale launch
- Aye Write 2021 – Mel Giedroyc – debut novel
- Aye Write 2021 introduces Scottish Debuts
- A WORKING CLASS STATE OF MIND by Colin Burnett
- Digging Out A Niche: In Conversation with Graham Lironi and Ian Spring
- Aye Write Programme 2021
- Aye Write 2021 – Helen McClory & Ruth Thomas
- Aye Write 2021 – A City and a Family’s Story of Slavery
- Aye Write 2021 Creative Writing
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Little Garden Baby Group – Woodlands Community
- Wellbeing for Artists Working in Older People’s Care
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Rams at home with Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Trade Union May Day 2021
- Joan Eardley Centenary – Writers Celebrate her work
- Woodlands Anti Racist Community Library Launch