Cross Purpose by Claire MacLeary, Book Launch, Waterstones Argyle Street, 23 February, 2017
23 February, 2017 – 7 p.m.
Waterstones, Argyle Street.
From the publisher that brought us His Bloody Project comes another fantastic new crime novel, Cross Purpose, the debut of local author Claire MacLeary, a gritty book with a surprisingly warm theme of female friendship.
When Maggie Laird’s disgraced ex-cop husband suddenly dies, her humdrum suburban life is turned upside down. With the bills mounting, she takes on his struggling detective agency, enlisting the help of neighbour Big Wilma . And so an unlikely partnership is born. . But the discovery of a crudely mutilated body soon raises the stakes… and Maggie and Wilma are drawn into an unknown world of Aberdeen’s sink estates, clandestine childminding and dodgy dealers.. Cross Purpose is surprising, gritty, sometimes darkly humorous a tale combining police corruption, gangs and murder with a paean to friendship, loyalty and how women of a certain age can beat the odds.
Please ask in store or call 01412484814 to book your tickets.
174 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G2 8AH
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Mandabi, GFT
- Ammonite, GFT
- Earwig and the Witch at GFT
- First Cow, GFT
- The Father at GFT
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery
- The Hunterian: Jimmy Robert: Tobacco Flower
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Mansfield Park Street Festival 2021
- Vinicombe Street Gala 2021
- Touring Scotland – Pop Up Opera 2021
- 100 Years of the Barras Photography Exhibition
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Contemporary Quilt Group, The Auld Kirk