Creative Conversations Poet and Playwright Inua Ellams, University of Glasgow
Monday 19 March, 2018
1 – 2 PM University Chapel
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Born in Nigeria in 1984, Inua Ellams is an internationally touring poet, playwright, performer, graphic artist & designer.
He is an ambassador for the Ministry of Stories and has published four books of poetry: ‘Candy Coated Unicorns and Converse All Stars’, ‘Thirteen Fairy Negro Tales’ ‘The Wire-Headed Heathen’ and ‘#Afterhours’.
His first play ‘The 14th Tale’ was awarded a Fringe First at the Edinburgh International Theatre Festival and his fourth ‘Barber Shop Chronicles’ sold out its run at England’s National Theatre.
He is currently touring ‘An Evening With An Immigrant’ and working on ‘The Half God of Rainfall’ – a new play in verse.
In graphic art & design, online and in print, he tries to mix the old with the new, juxtaposing texture and pigment with flat shades of colour and vector images. He lives and works from London, where he founded the Midnight Run, a nocturnal urban excursion. He won the Liberty Human Rights Award 2017.
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop